Bullnose Forums

Fire Extinguishers

That's a real interesting find, Jim. Quite the savings. The benefits of the Element include no debris after extinguishing and can be stored in a variety of environments. According to their website, it's not really affected by large changes in temperature. Here in Oklahoma, we can see temps above 100 and below freezing. Wonder if that is the case with this chimney extinguisher???

Jim - I didn't take it that you were saying the chimney extinguisher is the thing to use. But did I miss something? :nabble_anim_confused:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jim - I didn't take it that you were saying the chimney extinguisher is the thing to use. But did I miss something? :nabble_anim_confused:

No Gary, I didn't mean to suggest that something like a road flare would be good in a vehicle fire.

Just that the form factor and concept are nothing "NEW" and pretty much the same.

Obviously this is putting out a minutes worth of dense smoke, with no visible flame.

And it has a case + handle.

I doubt that adds $55~ to the cost of manufacture, but there is the liability of someone holding it in their hand.

And -of course- import, marketing, celebrity endorsements, yada yada.

No Gary, I didn't mean to suggest that something like a road flare would be good in a vehicle fire.

Just that the form factor and concept are nothing "NEW" and pretty much the same.

Obviously this is putting out a minutes worth of dense smoke, with no visible flame.

And it has a case + handle.

I doubt that adds $55~ to the cost of manufacture, but there is the liability of someone holding it in their hand.

And -of course- import, marketing, celebrity endorsements, yada yada.

Thanks for the clarification. That was my understanding of what you said. :nabble_smiley_good:

Thanks for the clarification. That was my understanding of what you said. :nabble_smiley_good:

That's really interesting. Especially that it covers all classes. Added to my wishlist to follow suit with Dave - put one in the truck and phase out all of the others in the shop and house as they expire.

That's really interesting. Especially that it covers all classes. Added to my wishlist to follow suit with Dave - put one in the truck and phase out all of the others in the shop and house as they expire.

I just ordered the Element 50 and an extra clip. Bought it directly from Element as I couldn't find the clip on Amazon, but had to pay shipping. Don't have a delivery date yet.