Bullnose Forums

BillyRay's 1981 F100 Restification

BillyRay59

I can't get enough of this truck!

I took off all of the goofy mudflaps. Tried to chemical strip the hubcaps from their multiple coats of paint (black, white, green, blue), but to no avail. I didn't want to blast them and paint them to look too new, so I bought a cheap set off of eBay that look like they match the wear/mileage of the truck. Now I'm trying to clean the white paint off of the tires. I started with the front one. Another labor intensive operation.

Are those the hub cabs you tried stripping? Yes, they need some help. Glad you got some better ones.

As for the tires, I recently cleaned some grease off of galvanized wheels with O'Reilly's brake cleaner. It ran down on the tire in one spot and really did a good job of cleaning it. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Are those the hub cabs you tried stripping? Yes, they need some help. Glad you got some better ones.

There was like 5 coats of house paint on them.

IMG_8469.jpg.b4ec4e18a321c460e6b846a628d62ba5.jpg

As for the tires, I recently cleaned some grease off of galvanized wheels with O'Reilly's brake cleaner. It ran down on the tire in one spot and really did a good job of cleaning it. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I'll give the brake cleaner a try. I'll try carb cleaner too.

There was like 5 coats of house paint on them.

I'll give the brake cleaner a try. I'll try carb cleaner too.

My experience is that the O'Reilly's house brand brake cleaner is serious stuff, but some other brands just don't "cut" it. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Did my window sticker, not finished. Hard to do the middle part. The truck stickers I've seen usually didn't have pricing, but I put it on there because I could and I like the way it looks.

mysticker.JPG

mysticker.thumb.jpg.20b088e5b10ba16b027510bb6ed76ff0.jpg

I'm not sure why you're having trouble posting photos, but this looks great!

Cool to add all the showroom details. :nabble_smiley_good:

mysticker.thumb.jpg.9a84d7c026953fb600addab835bf5ee7.jpg

I'm not sure why you're having trouble posting photos, but this looks great!

Cool to add all the showroom details. :nabble_smiley_good:

I thought I was posting a PDF. I saved it as a photo LOL. Thanks for the kind words, very tedious. Not sure if I'll be able to finish the middle part.

mysticker.thumb.jpg.9a84d7c026953fb600addab835bf5ee7.jpg

That’s cool!

That window sticker looks good :nabble_smiley_good:

The guys over on the AMC car forum have been doing that for a while now.

Some even add in options with price if they "up graded" something.

Just a thought you said you cant fill in the center what if someone had a dealer pricing guide to get the price from as I think that is why you cant fill it out right?

Some one must have a guide somewhere.

I think I would still fill out the center as it would be with out the price so it was at least listed so either you can see what options the truck has or when you do get the prices you just have to add them.

Dave ----