Bullnose Forums

BillyRay's 1981 F100 Restification

BillyRay59

Got my license plate bracket from eBay today.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n92499/IMG_8516x.jpg

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n92499/IMG_8518.jpg

That plate bracket is different than the one Ron? makes.

I wonder if it is because he is making them with the tooling he has or that is how the one he copied was done?

I looked for a picture of just the bracket but guess I did not take one :nabble_smiley_blush:

And it installed on the truck is not a good one.

Dave ----

ps: do you have the light for it?

IIRC it is not only used on trucks but a few cars and they may have a black part and not silver but should not make any difference in our dase as it is not seen and they both work the same when installed.

The colors where because when on cars you can see the light.

Got my license plate bracket from eBay today.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n92499/IMG_8516x.jpg

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n92499/IMG_8518.jpg

That plate bracket is different than the one Ron? makes.

I wonder if it is because he is making them with the tooling he has or that is how the one he copied was done?

I looked for a picture of just the bracket but guess I did not take one :nabble_smiley_blush:

And it installed on the truck is not a good one.

Dave ----

IIRC it is not only used on trucks but a few cars and they may have a black part and not silver but should not make any difference in our dase as it is not seen and they both work the same when installed.

Ron makes a Flareside bracket, this is a Styleside (bumper delete) bracket.

Ron makes a Flareside bracket, this is a Styleside (bumper delete) bracket.

So I guess they are different then?

It looks to bolt up the same way so why 2 different brackets?

Dave ----

Ask Ford??? :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Styleside trucks didn't have a ground in the harness where Flareside trucks do???

Styleside trucks didn't have a ground in the harness where Flareside trucks do???

IIRC the wiring dia. show a ground going all the way to the firewall on the later trucks, my 81 did not have this ground wire.

Also rear bumpers were not a factory option it was dealer installed so it has to have a way to hook up a plate light.

I checked my pictures, not to good, but the plate light does not look like it was part of the tail light harness. Here is the style side harness un-taped and I don't see the plate light connection.

20191012_093706.jpg.ee8d655053e3b09f3c4ce763e6b6d986.jpg

But look closer at the yellow connector by the left side hitch. That would be the plate light connection.

Here is the harness I made for my flare side and that yellow connector would have been part of the flare side harness as I added the light end plugs to the style side harness.

20191012_113625.jpg.16596cacaccecd50d9ed188771dc1e86.jpg

So with no factory rear bumper and the plate brackets added think from the factory there has to be a plate light connection some where. I don't have any pictures of the style side harness on the floor to know for sure.

BTW here is the plate light harness I made for my flare side truck.

20191012_103712.jpg.d8803bbaf9ac5b1a2a35b0cfffba21bf.jpg

So for the OP do you have a plate light connection on your truck?

Dave ----

IIRC the wiring dia. show a ground going all the way to the firewall on the later trucks, my 81 did not have this ground wire.

Also rear bumpers were not a factory option it was dealer installed so it has to have a way to hook up a plate light.

I checked my pictures, not to good, but the plate light does not look like it was part of the tail light harness. Here is the style side harness un-taped and I don't see the plate light connection.

20191012_093706.jpg.8f4d6581487c0272e9e2e2fbc76c2352.jpg

But look closer at the yellow connector by the left side hitch. That would be the plate light connection.

Here is the harness I made for my flare side and that yellow connector would have been part of the flare side harness as I added the light end plugs to the style side harness.

So with no factory rear bumper and the plate brackets added think from the factory there has to be a plate light connection some where. I don't have any pictures of the style side harness on the floor to know for sure.

BTW here is the plate light harness I made for my flare side truck.

So for the OP do you have a plate light connection on your truck?

Dave ----

:nabble_smiley_blush: Had a brain fart :nabble_smiley_blush:

20191012_093706.jpg.8f4d6581487c0272e9e2e2fbc76c2352.jpg

The style side does have plate lights that fit the bumper.

See the 2 little lights on the center of the harness, they fit the bumper.

I wonder if they used 1 to fit the plate bracket lights as it is a 1/4 turn socket also.

The other could have been taped up out of the way till a bumper was installed.

That is my story and I am sticking to it :nabble_anim_blbl::nabble_smiley_evil:

Dave ----

just seen I have my plate bracket bolted in place so I knew just where the harness connections needed to be placed.

I don't have a light yet, but looking for one. The part number for it is D6TZ 13550-A.

Here is the wiring diagram. I only see one wire on my truck, but looks like there should be two? Not sure.

Capture1.thumb.jpg.b7c384a64da66c9e92621b943be62801.jpg

I don't have a light yet, but looking for one. The part number for it is D6TZ 13550-A.

Here is the wiring diagram. I only see one wire on my truck, but looks like there should be two? Not sure.

I did not find the light, but ran across this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-to-1979-Ford-Truck-License-plate-bracket-with-light-1974-1975-1976-1977/223501279307?hash=item3409b6e04b:g:j-EAAOSwsLBbDYkR

Thanks for the link. I bought an NOS bracket only, thinking I'd find an NOS light just as easily. That's a good deal, I should have gone used.