Bullnose Forums

1980 F350 4X4 C6 Project

Atlas75

I do have a splitter up high on the firewall. Nothing is hooked to it either.

What is this? It is mounted to a plate that sits between the carb and the intake manifold. There is no line hooked to it.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n89157/20210221_165925.jpg

That would be the EGR and it can be left the way it is.

Some times the EGR will get stuck open a little and cause issues.

What some do is pull the valve off and make a block off plate using a tin can to fit between the valve & housing.

As for the splitter on the fire wall.

1 port will have a hose going to the intake for supply.

A port could go to the transmission.

Another port supplies vacuum to the HVAC controls when the truck has AC.

Dave ----

What is this? It is mounted to a plate that sits between the carb and the intake manifold. There is no line hooked to it.

What some do is pull the valve off and make a block off plate using a tin can to fit between the valve & housing.

Dave ----

You can take carb or brake clean and spray it around the base of the carb, between the intake manifold and head, and any place you see a vacuum line / hose.

With the motor running and up to temp when spraying if the idle speed changes there is a vacuum leak in that area.

Dave ----

Dave ----

Thanks for the info on the EGR. I think I will leave it alone for now.

As for the splitter, this is what I have.

20210220_172201.jpg.43ac74f219fe92361262bb9bb90db9fc.jpg

Nothing is hooked to it. My trans comes directly off the intake manifold and my heater controls don't appear to use vacuum. It must have been used for something else that is no longer hooked up.

Nothing is hooked to it. My trans comes directly off the intake manifold and my heater controls don't appear to use vacuum. It must have been used for something else that is no longer hooked up.

Oh...and what is that tag screwed in just to the right of the vacuum splitter?

That's a Buck Tag

It follows the cab (there's another on the bed) through the body making and paint process, and tells the line workers what kind of options get attached (eg a diesel would have a completely different wiring harness)

There should be a black & white wire from the alternator stator.... or the regulator, IDK on a truck your age but it should be in the EVTM

That's a Buck Tag

It follows the cab (there's another on the bed) through the body making and paint process, and tells the line workers what kind of options get attached (eg a diesel would have a completely different wiring harness)

There should be a black & white wire from the alternator stator.... or the regulator, IDK on a truck your age but it should be in the EVTM

EVTM shows 3 wires coming from my alternator. I only have 2. I guess I need to find a new plug so I can run a wire to the choke. The stator wire seems to be missing.

B0E0C1F2-F3BE-430E-AC6E-11AC5F9E9990.thumb.jpeg.e29947b9ef2e75c44902fc910996aaa6.jpeg

EVTM shows 3 wires coming from my alternator. I only have 2. I guess I need to find a new plug so I can run a wire to the choke. The stator wire seems to be missing.

I don't think you'd have to have the plug. If I remember correctly the connection in the alternator is a 1/4" male, so if you had an insulated 1/4" female you could use it instead of the plug.

I don't think you'd have to have the plug. If I remember correctly the connection in the alternator is a 1/4" male, so if you had an insulated 1/4" female you could use it instead of the plug.

I had a bit of time this weekend to work on a few of the critical issues that needed to be addressed. I removed the cowl and reattached the wiper linkage and retainer clip so I now have functional wipers. After reinstalling the cowl I installed the hood to cowl gasket I ordered from LMC truck. I messed around with the vacuum a bit more and I now have 14” of manifold vacuum. Not sure where else it could be leaking from but I’ll keep looking.

I have a question about the connectors under the hood. Are there pigtails available for the plug that brings the temp sensor signal and oil pressure signal to the dash? My temp signal wire is toast and I would prefer to splice in a new connector on the engine side.

It is like this in many spots.

C8AE2055-7084-43EB-93CE-3C8EBB1D23B6.thumb.jpeg.8246aded2a1396d91d3f32ae4c97038e.jpeg

Photo of plug on engine side.

910D8273-EE9B-4731-A30E-F9665A0D1C6E.thumb.jpeg.c85888aa18650733b09d96c6cec68d32.jpeg

I had a bit of time this weekend to work on a few of the critical issues that needed to be addressed. I removed the cowl and reattached the wiper linkage and retainer clip so I now have functional wipers. After reinstalling the cowl I installed the hood to cowl gasket I ordered from LMC truck. I messed around with the vacuum a bit more and I now have 14” of manifold vacuum. Not sure where else it could be leaking from but I’ll keep looking.

I have a question about the connectors under the hood. Are there pigtails available for the plug that brings the temp sensor signal and oil pressure signal to the dash? My temp signal wire is toast and I would prefer to splice in a new connector on the engine side.

It is like this in many spots.

Photo of plug on engine side.

There are pigtails.

I think Gary has the Motorcraft connector catalog on site.

Don't just go buy that connector!

Most of them are insanely expensive through the dealers part counter.

But once you have the actual part number you can cross it to suppliers like Pico Wiring or find old inventory on eBay.