Bullnose Forums

1980 F350 4X4 C6 Project

Atlas75

No British accent. Just my 7 year old trying to talk with me while I was filming! Iowa born and raised!

Here is the part number for my front springs.

While I have found listings for 1980 F350 front springs, none reference this number...and I can't find this number in the spring section under front suspension. I'll need to dig deeper.

Here is the spring at the front.

And here it is at the rear.

The bottom leaf seems to be pushed to the left at both ends and aligned in the middle. I wouldn't think it possible for a piece of steel like this to bend in that way. Is it possible it was just that way from the factory and this spring is normal? The drivers side is perfectly straight.

You don't yet understand that you will never find a part number on a part....

Ford applies an engineering number to the part.

You then have to use the Master Parts Catalog to decode it and get a part number that you can order.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't yet understand that you will never find a part number on a part....

Ford applies an engineering number to the part.

You then have to use the Master Parts Catalog to decode it and get a part number that you can order.

Shoot! Gary has mentioned that once or twice and I keep forgetting. It is just such a strange way to do things.

Is there a master parts catalog on the site? If not, I may need to go find one.

Shoot! Gary has mentioned that once or twice and I keep forgetting. It is just such a strange way to do things.

The catalogs are not only massive but Ford has sold the publishing rights to companies like HiPo Parts so Gary is remiss to post them on the site.

You can get your own copy of the MPC or the FSM from HiPo or Helm I believe.

But Gary is often kind enough to look up part numbers for the forum.

Since he is already subscribed to this thread you probably don't even have to ask. 🙂

There is this page....

Edit: and since you posted the specs for your plow package earlier in this thread you should have the FAWR to determine which spring you actually have.

Are you looking to replace them?

There is this page....

Edit: and since you posted the specs for your plow package earlier in this thread you should have the FAWR to determine which spring you actually have.

Yep, Jim, that's the right page. And on that page it is easy to find E0TA 5310-AEA, as shown below.

E0TA_5310-AEA.thumb.jpg.7f7ce0834fbdcbd338300ebd06a6623c.jpg

Yep, Jim, that's the right page. And on that page it is easy to find E0TA 5310-AEA, as shown below.

I was on that page but didn’t see the cross reference tab because it was scrolled off the screen on my iPad.

Now I can see what springs I have.

There is this page....

Possibly. I am trying to determine if the spring is good or if it has been damaged in some way.

I was on that page but didn’t see the cross reference tab because it was scrolled off the screen on my iPad.

Now I can see what springs I have.

OK guys, my apologies. I am having a hard time connecting the dots on these front springs.

Here is what is in the truck:

Engineering number - E0TA-5310-AEA

Part number - E0TZ-5310-U (per the spring cross reference sheet)

Here is what the manuals show:

My truck is a 1980 F350 with a 9100 lb GVW (per Marti Report) and a 4500 lb Front GAWR (per snow plow prep package).

When I look in the 1980 F350 4/W/D 133" W/B section of the master parts catalog this is what I see:

Screenshot_2022-04-05_203837.png.77629c2206e77d6e8d3ca14d82d9694b.png

I don't see 9100 lb GVW listed. I don't see E0TZ-5310-U listed.

I have been looking at this for a few days and can't figure it out. What am I missing? If E0TZ-5310-U is not right, how can I determine what spring should be in the truck?

I am going to check the drivers side tomorrow to see if it matches the passenger side.

OK guys, my apologies. I am having a hard time connecting the dots on these front springs.

Here is what is in the truck:

Engineering number - E0TA-5310-AEA

Part number - E0TZ-5310-U (per the spring cross reference sheet)

Here is what the manuals show:

My truck is a 1980 F350 with a 9100 lb GVW (per Marti Report) and a 4500 lb Front GAWR (per snow plow prep package).

When I look in the 1980 F350 4/W/D 133" W/B section of the master parts catalog this is what I see:

I don't see 9100 lb GVW listed. I don't see E0TZ-5310-U listed.

I have been looking at this for a few days and can't figure it out. What am I missing? If E0TZ-5310-U is not right, how can I determine what spring should be in the truck?

I am going to check the drivers side tomorrow to see if it matches the passenger side.

That's really a puzzle! But then, the MPC is full of contradictions and puzzles.

The only two mentions of 9100 GVW are for an E-Series van and this 1981 F350, and even then it is only in the rear axle section, not front axle. So if I were you'd I'd look on the certification label to see what your truck's rating is rather than rely on the Marti report.

Oh, and there's no mention of using the E0TZ 5310-U springs on any truck, even though they are listed as available in that table. :nabble_anim_crazy:

1981_Rear_Springs.thumb.jpg.08ce79615838d047e231848ea8c42858.jpg1981_9100_GVW_Rear_Springs.thumb.jpg.91c253c7d55dcd436d5d9d73c5a96aa3.jpg

That's really a puzzle! But then, the MPC is full of contradictions and puzzles.

The only two mentions of 9100 GVW are for an E-Series van and this 1981 F350, and even then it is only in the rear axle section, not front axle. So if I were you'd I'd look on the certification label to see what your truck's rating is rather than rely on the Marti report.

Oh, and there's no mention of using the E0TZ 5310-U springs on any truck, even though they are listed as available in that table. :nabble_anim_crazy:

Label says same thing. 9100 lb GVWR and 4500 lb GAWR front. I guess I’ll keep digging.

775CE8F6-68AA-463A-B81A-FDA65A63A0E5.thumb.jpeg.85cd6fa75456ec0683c84753cb712288.jpeg