Bullnose Forums

1980 F350 4X4 C6 Project

Atlas75

There are pigtails.

I think Gary has the Motorcraft connector catalog on site.

Don't just go buy that connector!

Most of them are insanely expensive through the dealers part counter.

But once you have the actual part number you can cross it to suppliers like Pico Wiring or find old inventory on eBay.

The Motorcraft pigtail catalog is at Documentation/Electrical/Connectors. Hope that helps.

There are pigtails.

I think Gary has the Motorcraft connector catalog on site.

Don't just go buy that connector!

Most of them are insanely expensive through the dealers part counter.

But once you have the actual part number you can cross it to suppliers like Pico Wiring or find old inventory on eBay.

It may be a moot point as I don't see that connector listed. Looks like I may need to look for a donor or just bypass the connector and wire direct.

It may be a moot point as I don't see that connector listed. Looks like I may need to look for a donor or just bypass the connector and wire direct.

Maybe one of us has a chunk of harness we can donate.

My harness collection is over at my buddy Theo's house where I was playing mix & match hoping to get two fully functional trucks out of his collection.

I can either ask him to bring that tote over, or if the weather shifts I will end up over there this week transplanting the (fresher) 5.0 into his flareside.

My harness collection is over at my buddy Theo's house where I was playing mix & match hoping to get two fully functional trucks out of his collection.

I can either ask him to bring that tote over, or if the weather shifts I will end up over there this week transplanting the (fresher) 5.0 into his flareside.

The NAPA I go to has a wall with different rubber M/FM connections from I think 1 up to 7 IIRC.

I would go with that over a direct wire setup.

Dave ----

If anyone has one that would be great! Let me know.

Otherwise, I like Dave's idea to check out the NAPA for a new style 4 pin and rewire.

Those would certainly work. Thanks Bruce!

Is there any information on the motor that would tell me what year it is from? I am curious if the motor is from 1980 or not. It is the 6.6L 400 if that makes a difference on where to look.

Is there any information on the motor that would tell me what year it is from? I am curious if the motor is from 1980 or not. It is the 6.6L 400 if that makes a difference on where to look.

There's no compliance sticker on the drivers side valve cover?

There's no compliance sticker on the drivers side valve cover?

Jim is right. If you don't have that label it is almost impossible to tell the year of the engine. The blocks were cast months, if not years, in advance and sat around "seasoning".

What you are looking for in the way of the sticker is explained on the page here: Documentation/Specifications/Calibration Codes.