Bullnose Forums

Another "Big Blue" - '86 F350 4x4 7.5L 460

spike_time

I'm pretty sure any ladder/scaffolding/whatever has a safety factor of at least 3.

And still people will overload them to failure. :nabble_anim_crazy:

Of course this means more weight, complexity, set-up and use of resources for something that is supposed to be temporary.

I think I would get a wheel step, because I'm often not working on a slab.

I have 2 of the platforms I got when I painted the truck and a tire step a little later.

The platforms make nice seats and low tables.

I would say I am pushing the limit on them with no issues LOL

Dave ----

Tim - My comment about the weight limit was on the Northern Tool step, not your unit.

Gary lets be careful about talking about my unit. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

I spent a fruitful day junkyard hoping in and around the Inland Empire in Southern California. Got a little of what I needed:

1. Original Jack

2. Both lug wrenches

3. A under-hood light, but missing the actual light piece, but in really good shape otherwise.

4. Very good quality sun-visors in the right color!!

5. A headliner of the correct color, and in good shape other than faded, something to work from.

6. Various odds and ends, seat adjustment knob, chrome lock pins, all of the metal hardware for holding the interior moldings in place ... and more.

Gary lets be careful about talking about my unit. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

I spent a fruitful day junkyard hoping in and around the Inland Empire in Southern California. Got a little of what I needed:

1. Original Jack

2. Both lug wrenches

3. A under-hood light, but missing the actual light piece, but in really good shape otherwise.

4. Very good quality sun-visors in the right color!!

5. A headliner of the correct color, and in good shape other than faded, something to work from.

6. Various odds and ends, seat adjustment knob, chrome lock pins, all of the metal hardware for holding the interior moldings in place ... and more.

Sounds like a good haul. :nabble_smiley_good:

However, I'm going to suggest that you go with '87 or later sun visors. They have an inboard catch for the rod, which sticks out of the visor a bit, and they don't sag like Bullnose visors do. They use the same three screws to mount at the pivot as a Bullnose visor, and you just have to drill two holes to mount the catches.

However, I'm going to suggest that you go with '87 or later sun visors. They have an inboard catch for the rod, which sticks out of the visor a bit, and they don't sag like Bullnose visors do. They use the same three screws to mount at the pivot as a Bullnose visor, and you just have to drill two holes to mount the catches.

Now you tell me Gary!! ... the biggest thing I'm looking for is the redstrip on the tail gate ... that seems to be hard to find.

Today I spent a bit of time working on the paint oxidation.

The strip in the middle is where I put tape so I could see the difference.

IMG_1645.thumb.jpeg.fe121744ab3f95fb54bc915dbbc8eb65.jpeg

I was only able to finish one side today, so hope to have time to work on some of it tomorrow after work before it gets dark.

IMG_1647.jpeg.fb1adb4016d97fedc4a2e581d808a542.jpeg

I started with Meguiar's Compound with 2 different pad densities, then moved on to Meguiar's polish again 2 different pad densities finished with their ultimate wax and a final wipe down. Plus I install some of my finds from yesterday. He's looking WAY better ...

Now you tell me Gary!! ... the biggest thing I'm looking for is the redstrip on the tail gate ... that seems to be hard to find.

Today I spent a bit of time working on the paint oxidation.

The strip in the middle is where I put tape so I could see the difference.

I was only able to finish one side today, so hope to have time to work on some of it tomorrow after work before it gets dark.

I started with Meguiar's Compound with 2 different pad densities, then moved on to Meguiar's polish again 2 different pad densities finished with their ultimate wax and a final wipe down. Plus I install some of my finds from yesterday. He's looking WAY better ...

Yes, that stuff is hard to find.

But, you are really making good progress on the paint. Wow, what a difference! :nabble_anim_claps:

Now there is an answer to something I've been looking to address! I hate my sagging visors!!!

Nice Truck Tim!

Now there is an answer to something I've been looking to address! I hate my sagging visors!!!

Nice Truck Tim!

For those that don't know, the later visors have a place for a catch on the inboard end. They outboard end bolts in where the original visors go, and you have to drill two holes on the inboard end there's no problem doing so as that's what the factory did.

Here are two shots of the visors on Big Blue, and while I have a Highliner in, you can easily use these visors with the factory headliner or even w/o a headliner.

Sunvisor_-_Angled.thumb.jpg.337e0a2f6abe6c4a9bba5e7729d532d7.jpg

Sunvisor_Straight_On.thumb.jpg.5da118fb7533d8c1eca556b0e1b3ed84.jpg