Bullnose Forums

Fixing Eddie

firefire

Oh! Yes, that is rich. I'd shoot for 14.5 - 15 for cruise, and 12 - 13 for WOT.

Hi.

Today we went for a ride to Stryn. Its a 2 hour drive. The choke worked properly and the afr was back at 14,5 average cruising. Here Eddie attended a show including trucks and cars. This picture shows Eddie beside a Lada.IMG_20220604_153816_9.jpg.22bf796942c122530fbc4c5cddad6058.jpgThere was many nice american cars to see. Eddie was the only Bullseye I sawIMG_20220604_153935_3.jpg.f153399a9b411d3b30c0cac80d654b8f.jpgIMG_20220604_132717_9.jpg.1ec0c7a1e087e59be06a8abd04296f2a.jpg Greetings Stein

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi.

Today we went for a ride to Stryn. Its a 2 hour drive. The choke worked properly and the afr was back at 14,5 average cruising. Here Eddie attended a show including trucks and cars. This picture shows Eddie beside a Lada.There was many nice american cars to see. Eddie was the only Bullseye I saw Greetings Stein

Nice show.

That little rad car looks like a Fiat 128 that was sold here in the states way back when LOL

In the 2nd picture that red & black convert Ford looks like a late 50's.

Was it a hard top convert? We have a club member with a 58 that is a hard top convert and if he dose not bring his Ford pickup (gm power) he brings the car.

Dave ----

Nice show.

That little rad car looks like a Fiat 128 that was sold here in the states way back when LOL

In the 2nd picture that red & black convert Ford looks like a late 50's.

Was it a hard top convert? We have a club member with a 58 that is a hard top convert and if he dose not bring his Ford pickup (gm power) he brings the car.

Dave ----

Hi Dave.

You are on the trac. The Lada is a USSR made copy of the Fiat . And the red Ford has a hard top. I talked with the owner. He had bought it from Chicago several years ago.

Hi Dave.

You are on the trac. The Lada is a USSR made copy of the Fiat . And the red Ford has a hard top. I talked with the owner. He had bought it from Chicago several years ago.

The club member said his top did not work when he got the car and had a vary hard time finding any information on the top. He did say there are 16 motors and twice as many sensors for wwhen all the way up or down.

Dave ----

Hi.

Today we went for a ride to Stryn. Its a 2 hour drive. The choke worked properly and the afr was back at 14,5 average cruising. Here Eddie attended a show including trucks and cars. This picture shows Eddie beside a Lada.There was many nice american cars to see. Eddie was the only Bullseye I saw Greetings Stein

That looks like a really neat show! And, it also looks like you got the AFR dialed in.

In the first pic I think I see a 51 Buick, and the 3 Customline Ventiports would indicate a Special. Then a Pontiac, possibly a '67. Then a 56 Olds, then Eddie and the Lada.

In the 2nd one there's the Beemer, a '57 Chevy, a '57 Ford that the lady is leaning on, and then a Volvo behind the Chevy?

I think Eddie wins the prize! :nabble_smiley_good:

That looks like a really neat show! And, it also looks like you got the AFR dialed in.

In the first pic I think I see a 51 Buick, and the 3 Customline Ventiports would indicate a Special. Then a Pontiac, possibly a '67. Then a 56 Olds, then Eddie and the Lada.

In the 2nd one there's the Beemer, a '57 Chevy, a '57 Ford that the lady is leaning on, and then a Volvo behind the Chevy?

I think Eddie wins the prize! :nabble_smiley_good:

Hi.

The 57 Chevy is a 58 I think. Look at the number plate. V8 1958. You can order them like that .And you are right about the Volvo.

It is still nice weather here. But a little cold.

Went to visit a friend. But he was not home. IMG_20220605_190123_7.jpg.b3d0b279a2ce4cd4a5c66a44ae7a4ce2.jpg When I took this picture Eddie idled. And when I got into the car to drive home the power steering was gone:nabble_smiley_oh: Stopped further down at my friends neighbour. Opened the hood and found that the high pressure hose had loosened from the steering pump. Borrowed a wrench and tightened the connection. Filled up with some unknown steering oil, green, that he had. But still leaking. So drove home without power steering, 4 km. At home I found this IMG_20220605_195542_5.jpg.4ac8263d43b7fc5e01af1f5c05a93fad.jpgIMG_20220605_200715_3.thumb.jpg.a33e1f02dd31a2b97835e722cb53f7c3.jpg Maybe I cut the O-ring when tightening the nut. Found a fitting O-ring at home so now its not leaking more. Tomorrow I will flush the system and clean up all the oil mess. The sun is still shining so its beer time:nabble_smiley_happy:

Hi.

The 57 Chevy is a 58 I think. Look at the number plate. V8 1958. You can order them like that .And you are right about the Volvo.

It is still nice weather here. But a little cold.

Went to visit a friend. But he was not home. When I took this picture Eddie idled. And when I got into the car to drive home the power steering was gone:nabble_smiley_oh: Stopped further down at my friends neighbour. Opened the hood and found that the high pressure hose had loosened from the steering pump. Borrowed a wrench and tightened the connection. Filled up with some unknown steering oil, green, that he had. But still leaking. So drove home without power steering, 4 km. At home I found this Maybe I cut the O-ring when tightening the nut. Found a fitting O-ring at home so now its not leaking more. Tomorrow I will flush the system and clean up all the oil mess. The sun is still shining so its beer time:nabble_smiley_happy:

Well, I'm sorry but that is a 1957 Chevy. There's no mistaking a '57 from a '58. I've included a pic of a '58 Impala, which is what I drove to college. However, mine never had the ugly mirrors on the fenders and I removed the "fins" above the headlights when I did the body work. Nor did mine have the fender skirts. In the immortal words of the Beatles, it was a clean machine.

As for your power steering problems, I think you found the culprit. That would certainly do it. But I'll bet that made a huge mess!

And, Stein is going to have a stein? :nabble_smiley_wink:

1958-Chevrolet-Impala-Exterior-001-Front-Three-Quarters-RK-Motors-720x340.jpg.fd512b40c3dfe195b2b9a383b7305ceb.jpg

Well, I'm sorry but that is a 1957 Chevy. There's no mistaking a '57 from a '58. I've included a pic of a '58 Impala, which is what I drove to college. However, mine never had the ugly mirrors on the fenders and I removed the "fins" above the headlights when I did the body work. Nor did mine have the fender skirts. In the immortal words of the Beatles, it was a clean machine.

As for your power steering problems, I think you found the culprit. That would certainly do it. But I'll bet that made a huge mess!

And, Stein is going to have a stein? :nabble_smiley_wink:

Hi. The -57 is a - 57.:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:How I could read 1958 on rhe plate I cannot explain. Late in the evening + one beer ?

Add in the power steering problem and it makes sense. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Hi.

I have now settled for now with the green 6hg springs for the metering rods in the carburetor. With them Eddie responds quicker and with more power when given throttle. I try to avoid WOT to often...:nabble_money-flying-23_orig::nabble_smiley_happy: My welding job on the choke blad was not as good as it looked. Yesterday I noticed the afr read 13,7 when cruising. My welding had loosened. The missing 1/2" of opening the choke affects the afr/ fuel consumption. So seeked help from a professional welder. Took him one minute to do it right.IMG_20220607_175631_5.thumb.jpg.79aea4c10f12c940be974a5b8079753b.jpg This time it will be good. Have removef the Earl fuel pressure gauge. It shows 6 psi when starting up. But after it gets hot under the hood it reads 3 psi. Took it away. Its just another accesory that may bring me problems.

It is 8 in the evening, temp. 8'C, and the sun is shining. Think I will go for a test drive.