Bullnose Forums

Fixing Eddie

firefire

Those bolts are 3/8-16. Clean with a tap or at least a spare bolt with a good slot cut in it

Hi all. Sorry to have shocked you with the way I pulled the HB off :nabble_smiley_happy: Actually I have a puller of the correct type in my garage. 10 mm bolts fit. Correct is 3/8". The slack ( slakk in norwegian) in the chain measured 18 mm. Name on the chain is Rolon. Today I cleaned up the timing cover .IMG_20220206_105842_8.thumb.jpg.c0ed68ef5a0fb15ac74b5209c31f7296.jpg A 38. cal brush is the right tool. :nabble_smiley_good: Next the engine. All threads were good. Ran a screw a few times through all holes. And as you recomended, blew out with compressed air. Cleaned up.IMG_20220206_145903_8.thumb.jpg.3f7063d7ddc3007bcd793903693b87cf.jpg

Now it is time for buying parts.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all. Sorry to have shocked you with the way I pulled the HB off :nabble_smiley_happy: Actually I have a puller of the correct type in my garage. 10 mm bolts fit. Correct is 3/8". The slack ( slakk in norwegian) in the chain measured 18 mm. Name on the chain is Rolon. Today I cleaned up the timing cover . A 38. cal brush is the right tool. :nabble_smiley_good: Next the engine. All threads were good. Ran a screw a few times through all holes. And as you recomended, blew out with compressed air. Cleaned up.

Now it is time for buying parts.

That’s more slack than I’d would want to put back on.

And when you are planning the installation don’t forget to coat the bolts to ensure you can get them out. It is as much where they contact the timing cover as the threads.

That’s more slack than I’d would want to put back on.

And when you are planning the installation don’t forget to coat the bolts to ensure you can get them out. It is as much where they contact the timing cover as the threads.

Hi. I have ordered new HB SKP 594011, Cloyes Street True Timing Chain & Component Kit 91138 and Fel-Pro Timing Cover Gasket TCS45449.

The original HB is marked E4TE-B3A and 112372. After reading a lot about 28 / 50 OZ weight. I chose the SKP. The one in the photo at Rock Auto had the 112372 number :nabble_anim_crazy: I also like to see the manufacturer dare to mark the product with his name..

Their HB is marked E4TZ6316A or B. Hope it fits..:nabble_money-flying-23_orig:

In a week or so we will know.

Hi. I have ordered new HB SKP 594011, Cloyes Street True Timing Chain & Component Kit 91138 and Fel-Pro Timing Cover Gasket TCS45449.

The original HB is marked E4TE-B3A and 112372. After reading a lot about 28 / 50 OZ weight. I chose the SKP. The one in the photo at Rock Auto had the 112372 number :nabble_anim_crazy: I also like to see the manufacturer dare to mark the product with his name..

I hope all fits. :nabble_smiley_good:

I think you got lucky pulling that water pump and timing chain cover off without breaking any bolts. Or, as you said, may have been off before. I broke two in the process!

Can I ask what you ordered for your temp sensor? I replaced mine and since doing so, my temp gauge runs to the halfway mark. Prior to the change, it was at 1/4 mark on the gauge.

I think you got lucky pulling that water pump and timing chain cover off without breaking any bolts. Or, as you said, may have been off before. I broke two in the process!

Can I ask what you ordered for your temp sensor? I replaced mine and since doing so, my temp gauge runs to the halfway mark. Prior to the change, it was at 1/4 mark on the gauge.

I like mine to run at the half way make as I know the motor has some heat in it.

At the 1/4 mark I think it would be running to cool and not burn off any condensate.

Mine bounces between 1/4 and almost 1/2 and I have replaced the stat 2 times, and sender once.

I have seen it posted that the push on sender connector may be dirty.

He used a Qtip and cleaner to get into the push on part then pinched it closed just a little and he then had the gauge reading higher. I have not done that yet as I keep forgetting to when under the hood.

Dave ----

Hi. I ordered a Motorcraft MTR SW2328.

Doesn't know how it works. Have to put the engine together first.

Hi. I ordered a Motorcraft MTR SW2328.

Doesn't know how it works. Have to put the engine together first.

coat all bolts well. dripping even. with anti-seize. i have had many bolts break when removing them due to being corroded to the cover itself and have had to cut more than one cover in the past year for the same reason. every time removing the leftover part was not bad. these are long skinny 5/16 bolts at best.

coat all bolts well. dripping even. with anti-seize. i have had many bolts break when removing them due to being corroded to the cover itself and have had to cut more than one cover in the past year for the same reason. every time removing the leftover part was not bad. these are long skinny 5/16 bolts at best.

Amen! If not anti-sieze, some kind of sealer. I use PTFE.

• 2 weeks later...

Amen! If not anti-sieze, some kind of sealer. I use PTFE.

Hi.

All the parts have arrived so I will start reassembling everything soon. But now I have read to much about advancing the timing :nabble_anim_crazy: The new Cloyes gives me the option of 4° advancing. Does any of you recomend this ? IMG_20220215_191558_6.thumb.jpg.3de78335481e7cbeba43dc4ddbe42a28.jpg Greetings Stein