Bullnose Forums

Newer Style Master Cylinder Swap

Machspeed

So if i am understanding this i can use this on my 84 f150 just by swapping brake lines from front to rear? Thread sizes the same?

I believe, but would have to do some digging. I used the booster from the 1990 parts truck and ordered a master cylinder for one with the later speed control as I needed the port for my trailer brake controller (yes, I still have a nice hydraulically operated brake controller). I had to use the front port as the residual pressure valve would keep my brakes applied. Since I was also planning on using the electronic cruise control anyway, I needed the extra port.

IMGP1006.thumb.jpg.2afd3cbc45d555389aa85dda655db560.jpg

IMGP1003.thumb.jpg.b9d26f5abec961893b2116ecd5892062.jpg

I believe, but would have to do some digging. I used the booster from the 1990 parts truck and ordered a master cylinder for one with the later speed control as I needed the port for my trailer brake controller (yes, I still have a nice hydraulically operated brake controller). I had to use the front port as the residual pressure valve would keep my brakes applied. Since I was also planning on using the electronic cruise control anyway, I needed the extra port.

I received my new master cylinder today. This is a Motorcraft unit, item# BRM63. Note that it does come with the residual pressure relief valve. I was a bit concerned about that, as Corey warned me that most do not come with it and the valve is $60 by itself.

I'll be pulling my master cylinder and the booster this weekend for clean up and assembly. Will keep you gents advised on how it all went.

MC.thumb.jpg.12da17add5f226b99706af5db622d8d9.jpg

I received my new master cylinder today. This is a Motorcraft unit, item# BRM63. Note that it does come with the residual pressure relief valve. I was a bit concerned about that, as Corey warned me that most do not come with it and the valve is $60 by itself.

I'll be pulling my master cylinder and the booster this weekend for clean up and assembly. Will keep you gents advised on how it all went.

Cool stuff John! Can't wait to see how you like it!

Excellent! Should be an easy swap. And, if you had my setup, you could pressure-bleed the system with air pressure. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Looking good!

John, did you order directly from Ford?

What are the two marks on the rear of the reservoir?

Looking good!

No Jim, ordered it off of Amazon, as I had some other things I needed. As to the two black marks, don't have clue. Frankly, was not happy to see them on there too! I'll be attempting to remove them before installation.

Looking good!

No Jim, ordered it off of Amazon, as I had some other things I needed. As to the two black marks, don't have clue. Frankly, was not happy to see them on there too! I'll be attempting to remove them before installation.

Test fitted the line fittings today to confirm that they were the correct threads. They are! Also noted that I have enough brake line such that the required location change will not be an issue. I think I can put this sucker in and make it look factory!

Master_cyl_lines.thumb.jpg.64a9092de3a3bf75252f8282fe691a22.jpg