Bullnose Forums

Hello from Florida

Wesley

Hi there,

Right after I finished high school I made the questionable decision to buy an '86 F-150. A friend helped me fix it up, but I had to park it when I started driving across town for college. Managed to hold onto it while I finished school, and it's time to get it back on the road after sitting for a long while. Mechanic put new tires on it and got the thing turning over, now I've got my work cut out for me.

Glad to find this forum!

-Wesley

IMG_0969.jpg.6164ee29fa61a8e731b14071b81af3a6.jpg

Welcome, Wesley! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

I like the truck. A bit of "wear" in the paint makes it look loved. Well used. And the 302/AOD combo should make it fairly economical.

So, where's home? We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and could add you there if we had a city or a zip.

I hope you'll start a thread in the main section or in Projects, your call, about your truck so we can follow along as bring it up to snuff.

Welcome aboard Wesley! Nice truck.

Funny story about those hubcaps...not sure if anybody else remembers, but it was fairly common back in the 80's for people to mistake the lug nuts on these hubcaps as being real lol. I was pumping gas at a Texaco at the time, changing tires and doing oil changes in the evenings. I remember seeing these trucks come in to the garage and often times one of the lugnuts would be busted off the hubcap...lol.

Welcome, Wesley! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

I like the truck. A bit of "wear" in the paint makes it look loved. Well used. And the 302/AOD combo should make it fairly economical.

So, where's home? We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and could add you there if we had a city or a zip.

I hope you'll start a thread in the main section or in Projects, your call, about your truck so we can follow along as bring it up to snuff.

Thanks everyone!

I'm in Orlando, FL. And sure, I'll start up a thread soon! Last time I was driving it regularly, it got 12-14 mpg -- not wonderful, but it could be worse.

And as for those hubcaps, I remember being a bit confused myself when I first got it. Took me a minute to realize I had to pry the whole thing off.

Thanks everyone!

I'm in Orlando, FL. And sure, I'll start up a thread soon! Last time I was driving it regularly, it got 12-14 mpg -- not wonderful, but it could be worse.

And as for those hubcaps, I remember being a bit confused myself when I first got it. Took me a minute to realize I had to pry the whole thing off.

You are now on the map.

As for the MPG, my 460 is getting almost that much. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Thanks everyone!

Welcome to the forum

I am only getting mid 14's with my 81 F100 and it has a 300 six, NP435 w/OD and 2.75 rear gear :nabble_smiley_sad:

I still want to make adjustments to the carb as the PO jacked the carb up before I rebuilt it.

Dave ----