Bullnose Forums

Floor Pan Heat/Sound Deadener

Machspeed

I'm the guy with all the questions today...LOL!

So I'm addressing some interior things and will be pulling the OEM rubber flooring and replacing it with some Essex Mass backed carpeting. And, "while I'm here".....making up more crap to do.... thought I'd clean up the floor pans (no telling what I'm going to find under there) and spray/roll something like Lizzard Skin in there. I don't want Dynamat or any variation of it, rather something that I can spray or roll. Lizzard Skin is expensive and have thought about using maybe Raptor liner but I have read not to use bedliner products inside a vehicle. I've read about homemade Lizzard Skin using Hardware Store Paint and microsphere balls but see some mixed comments with it as well.

Basically looking for a cheap but effective treatment for my floor pans for heat and sound deadening? Thoughts?

I'm not pushing "Dynamat or any variation of it", but I'm curious why you don't want it? I really like the Noico stuff I used and it isn't nearly as expensive as Dynamat.

Having said that, I can see that if you put a liquid, like Lizzard Skin, on it would help with rust prevention. Is that the reason?

Just curious.

I'm not pushing "Dynamat or any variation of it", but I'm curious why you don't want it? I really like the Noico stuff I used and it isn't nearly as expensive as Dynamat.

Having said that, I can see that if you put a liquid, like Lizzard Skin, on it would help with rust prevention. Is that the reason?

Just curious.

Yes Gary, rust prevention.

Just curious.

Lizard Skin is a rip off of another product that is considerably cheaper.

Im looking at using it on my '56 as well as my truck since I want to paint the floor body color and make it appear like bare metal. While looking I found the company that came out with this spray on insulation/sound deadner that Lizard Skin ripped off and they sell it at a fraction of the cost by the name of Cool Car Ceramic.

When I looked it was $55/Gal vs Lizard Skin which is $90/Gal for insulation and $156/Gal for sound control. Cool Car Ceramic doesnt offer insulation/sound it is a all in one system.

I'm going to suggest, John, that you take off the cab mount covers and make sure the mounts are free before greasing them (or similar)

Spraying a coating on the cab floor is going to entomb them.

So before you seal anything away it is worth looking behind door #2 to make certain all is well.

I've given up trying to get my cab completely water tight.

Im looking at using it on my '56 as well as my truck since I want to paint the floor body color and make it appear like bare metal. While looking I found the company that came out with this spray on insulation/sound deadner that Lizard Skin ripped off and they sell it at a fraction of the cost by the name of Cool Car Ceramic.

When I looked it was $55/Gal vs Lizard Skin which is $90/Gal for insulation and $156/Gal for sound control. Cool Car Ceramic doesnt offer insulation/sound it is a all in one system.

Researched this company but it seems like they only sell it in 5 Gal containers and cost is $400. Don't need that much.

Spent a good deal of time yesterday reading up on spray in heat/sound insulators and the consensus is that Lizzard Skin is the best, albeit expensive. There is a price to pay for wanting the best I guess. The good thing is, a gallon each of the sound and heat component will do my truck. Will continue to research this.

Thank you Jim, I'll be doing that! With all the rust problems I've had pop up, I'm like OCD about it now.

Researched this company but it seems like they only sell it in 5 Gal containers and cost is $400. Don't need that much.

Spent a good deal of time yesterday reading up on spray in heat/sound insulators and the consensus is that Lizzard Skin is the best, albeit expensive. There is a price to pay for wanting the best I guess. The good thing is, a gallon each of the sound and heat component will do my truck. Will continue to research this.

Thank you Jim, I'll be doing that! With all the rust problems I've had pop up, I'm like OCD about it now.

Must have changed then cause when I came across them a year ago they sold in 1 gallon pails and youd need 2 gallons to properly do the interior of a vehicle to the proper 3 mil thickness.

Must have changed then cause when I came across them a year ago they sold in 1 gallon pails and youd need 2 gallons to properly do the interior of a vehicle to the proper 3 mil thickness.

I used Duplicolor roll on bed liner 2 coats top and bottom of my floors before I put the cab back on the frame. I left it black as that was the color of the rubber floor mat.

Now I can tell you with no other thing on the floor every little rock that hit the floor sounded like a gun shot! I did use it in early summer till it got to hot, no AC in the truck.

I have since added AC along with used carpet and it is nice and quite and I don't feel any heat coming thru the floor & carpet.

I did use some peel n stick in the doors to make them less drumy.

I also added spray foam between the roof panels but I am sure it did not fill the whole area but again I don't feel heat coming from the roof.

The cab is so small compared to my 02 Durango so heating & cooling it is NP I don't think there is a need for all that fancy stuff.

Dave ----

I used Duplicolor roll on bed liner 2 coats top and bottom of my floors before I put the cab back on the frame. I left it black as that was the color of the rubber floor mat.

Now I can tell you with no other thing on the floor every little rock that hit the floor sounded like a gun shot! I did use it in early summer till it got to hot, no AC in the truck.

I have since added AC along with used carpet and it is nice and quite and I don't feel any heat coming thru the floor & carpet.

I did use some peel n stick in the doors to make them less drumy.

I also added spray foam between the roof panels but I am sure it did not fill the whole area but again I don't feel heat coming from the roof.

The cab is so small compared to my 02 Durango so heating & cooling it is NP I don't think there is a need for all that fancy stuff.

Dave ----

Dave, I had considered spraying the interior of my truck with Raptor Liner but after reading a few things on spraying bedliner in an interior, I bailed on the idea. Here's one of the articles I read: https://raybuck.com/bed-liner-inside-truck-cab/