Bullnose Forums

Newest project 1973 Bronco

reamer

In building my "Bronco in a box" from Wild Horses, I started in October with a stripped frame and a welder. Working from the rear to the front, Some 50+ body panels.. Lots of measuring and remeasuring (and swearing, bleeding, throwing things) Ya don't really know if what you did is correct......Until you mount the hood...This tells/shows all your mistakes-misalignments.... And how much cutting and re-welding you might have to re-do.

Yesterday I installed the factory hood and doors in the aftermarket body panels making up the tub.

when I closed the hood, SURPRISE! I win! aligned, and square, and the doors have good gaps too!

Fantastic Ron!!! :nabble_anim_jump:

In building my "Bronco in a box" from Wild Horses, I started in October with a stripped frame and a welder. Working from the rear to the front, Some 50+ body panels.. Lots of measuring and remeasuring (and swearing, bleeding, throwing things) Ya don't really know if what you did is correct......Until you mount the hood...This tells/shows all your mistakes-misalignments.... And how much cutting and re-welding you might have to re-do.

Yesterday I installed the factory hood and doors in the aftermarket body panels making up the tub.

when I closed the hood, SURPRISE! I win! aligned, and square, and the doors have good gaps too!

Wonderful! :nabble_anim_claps:

Man, that would be such a huge bummer to get that far and have to go back and rework something. :nabble_smiley_oh:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New Milestone, Hurdle jumped.... Its registered and insured! Some more small stuff to do then it needs a

crap-load of primer sanding and paint job...

Where do you take a home built vehicle for inspection, Wethersfield?

Or do you have an age appropriate vin and title?

Where do you take a home built vehicle for inspection, Wethersfield?

Or do you have an age appropriate vin and title?

Had a title, frame numbers, VIN tag and bill of sale from a "donor" along with a CT VIN verification form..

Walk in and register "as normal"

New Milestone, Hurdle jumped.... Its registered and insured! Some more small stuff to do then it needs a

crap-load of primer sanding and paint job...

That's awesome Ron, more pics soon???

I just got my old 1980 titled in my name. The truck was brought into Nova Scotia in 2007, and had never been registered, inspected, or plated here. It has been off the road for a solid 10 years, it's almost like "importing" a new vehicle...lol. I discovered that getting them registered as an antique is MUCH easier than a regular inspection and registration.