Bullnose Forums

Project Ferdinand

nlongo33

all new cross members as well as metal slats..... wood is being milled this week

progress is progress right? little frame repair and reinforcement as well going on with the bed off......

Have a great week :nabble_anim_claps:

So going with planks and not ply wood.

Who did you get the parts from?

When I did mine between the front / rear sills and all the cross members I came up with $1000.

Add in the metal slats, wood & bolt / nut hardware and the wood floor was just not happening.

Being I had a bed with a good metal floor but 1 side wrecked in the roll over I went with the metal floor.

Cant wait to see the floor done.

Dave ----

So going with planks and not ply wood.

Who did you get the parts from?

When I did mine between the front / rear sills and all the cross members I came up with $1000.

Add in the metal slats, wood & bolt / nut hardware and the wood floor was just not happening.

Being I had a bed with a good metal floor but 1 side wrecked in the roll over I went with the metal floor.

Cant wait to see the floor done.

Dave ----

parts came from a variety of vendors, like Sw classics, LMC truck and ebay....wood we are going with planks, my buddies who are wood chucks, will not allow plywood..lol

the wood i have from a local supplier i get our school lumber through, again able to swing deals

made out relatively cheap so far...plus boy is working for it.... is his money, i am just helping him stretch that dollar

parts came from a variety of vendors, like Sw classics, LMC truck and ebay....wood we are going with planks, my buddies who are wood chucks, will not allow plywood..lol

the wood i have from a local supplier i get our school lumber through, again able to swing deals

made out relatively cheap so far...plus boy is working for it.... is his money, i am just helping him stretch that dollar

"wood we are going with planks, my buddies who are wood chucks, will not allow plywood..lol" :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:Love it

Thanks for the reply back.

When you get the bed floor done you have to post up pictures.

Dave ----

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good, Nick. Yes, progress is good! :nabble_anim_claps:

IMG_6455.jpg.ce3b581de45e705d7050d3622df9cacf.jpg

IMG_6454.jpg.0b67a28964425659d7e994aa8894fc6f.jpg

IMG_6463.jpg.a171e4051fa1bcd0d06a4beba1a9e464.jpg

IMG_6465.jpg.a63c39e8db44b20be8904ebb378dcdbe.jpg

IMG_6466.jpg.939aeef1f441fe7ce4fdb9844d893b20.jpg

Some frame repair where bed mounts are and prepping for a bed cage....if you are unfamiliar a bed cage is a set up desert trucks use to mount shocks through the bed and ties in and stiffens rear chassis...we are also going to box the frame for stiffness and strength.....

again build focus is like if ford built a raptor flareside in 1981 with improvements of course..lol

Some frame repair where bed mounts are and prepping for a bed cage....if you are unfamiliar a bed cage is a set up desert trucks use to mount shocks through the bed and ties in and stiffens rear chassis...we are also going to box the frame for stiffness and strength.....

again build focus is like if ford built a raptor flareside in 1981 with improvements of course..lol

That is going to be one very nice, and solid, machine. :nabble_anim_claps:

Is that guy shielding his eyes with a cell phone? Did he put it on camera and watch the welding? :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

That is going to be one very nice, and solid, machine. :nabble_anim_claps:

Is that guy shielding his eyes with a cell phone? Did he put it on camera and watch the welding? :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

filming welding....through camera. no ultra violet through screen..sort of safe lol

Is that top flange rusted out because of the dunnage used to mount the bed?

I have three of those DeWalt grinders so I don't have to change between grinding, cutoff and flap wheel. (Of course that's when I need a cup brush or flexcut disc)

None of then wears guards and only one has the side handle. :nabble_smiley_scared:

I see Yeungling was involved in this fabrication. :nabble_smiley_whistling: