Bullnose Forums

1982 Bronco 351 4x4 - Code name Esperanza

Gsmblue

Yippee! :nabble_anim_jump:

I am never takin this truck in to a shop in the spring/Summer again! last year was 3.5 months on the transmission and this year is 4.5 months on the engine.

Only ever going in in October/November!

Just so excited to get her back and get the roof off, head to the lake for the day with the wife and hound...

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am never takin this truck in to a shop in the spring/Summer again! last year was 3.5 months on the transmission and this year is 4.5 months on the engine.

Only ever going in in October/November!

Just so excited to get her back and get the roof off, head to the lake for the day with the wife and hound...

:nabble_anim_claps:

Word on the street is Espy is coming home next week.

I popped in today and the engine is in with all the auxiliary bits. The headers are on. They did test fire it yesterday and it ran, but as there was no exhaust they shut it off as it was a tad loud.

Looks like the exhaust goes on next week then it gets a final carb tune up and comes home.

While there were in there I had them take care of a few other bits I didn't want to to (rear axle seals, steering gear box) so the final price has come in higher than planned, but from I saw today I am happy.

Once I get her home and cleaned up I will post pics.

My wife still thinks it is going to be 2 weeks!

Stoked for you! :nabble_anim_jump:

I hope the four of you have a great time at the lake.

It sounds great to me.

(Dew point and RH are both in the 80's right now. 🥵)

Stoked for you! :nabble_anim_jump:

I hope the four of you have a great time at the lake.

It sounds great to me.

(Dew point and RH are both in the 80's right now. 🥵)

Thanks, can’t wait to get her back… I will give her a thorough detailing, switch out the stereo for the swanky Blaupunkt, pull the roof. Through the cooler and chairs in the back..

It is going to be epic and totally worth it!

Many pics will be posted.

Thanks, can’t wait to get her back… I will give her a thorough detailing, switch out the stereo for the swanky Blaupunkt, pull the roof. Through the cooler and chairs in the back..

It is going to be epic and totally worth it!

Many pics will be posted.

Can't wait!!!! :nabble_anim_jump:

That is great!! Happy this thread motivated you!!

Well, That calculator has me thinking.

The "stock" wheel diameter is 30.8 inches

I have recorded 55mph (on the speedo) @ 2100RPM with the AOD transmission.

Sooo to make those numbers work I need to have a rear axle ratio of ~5.3. I have seen after makes kits offer 5.43.

I think I will need to get the Bronco back and drive her again to collect more info, using GPS for the speed...

If the above is true then 33inch tire should drop me ~100rpm at 55mph

Sooo to make those numbers work I need to have a rear axle ratio of ~5.3. I have seen after makes kits offer 5.43.

I think I will need to get the Bronco back and drive her again to collect more info, using GPS for the speed...

I think any gear ratio of 5.xx will be to low even with over drive & 30" tires.

What is the ratio of the over drive and what rear gear ratio do you have now.

What are the peak TQ & HP numbers for your motor as you need this to figure what you need.

Run the number with 4.xx gear and do you really drive 55 MPH?

I had a GM diesel that had over drive auto and went with 4.11 gear and ran 30 x 10.5 x 15 tires and was a good combo and even better when I installed a turbo kit.

Dave ----

If you don't have a build tag front or rear you can always chalk the drive shaft, jack it up and turn the wheel one revolution.

There aren't that many ratios available that you can't count full number and percentage of shaft rotation to get an answer.