Bullnose Forums

1982 Bronco 351 4x4 - Code name Esperanza

Gsmblue

I have posted a few things about Espy in other threads, so some consolidation and updates below:

1. Some overheating is going on.

It is intermittent so I am confident it is the thermostat. So I am going to try and change out the thermostat tonight. Of course my wife has a friend coming over and i am supposed to cook. Maybe I will cook dinner on that over heating engine!

https://www.amazon.com/Manifold-Destiny-Guide-Cooking-Engine/dp/1416596232/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&hvadid=77721854871371&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvqmt=e&keywords=manifold+destiny+cookbook&qid=1593109318&sr=8-2&tag=mh0b-20

I have a copy which my son gave to me years ago. :nabble_smiley_wink:

This is reality for some of us.

Roadkill in winter is ok as long as the carcass is still warm.

Be sure to cut away the bruised side.

I roasted a young groundhog on my little Weber Q200 last week.

No different than guinea pigs in Equador

I will take your word on that :nabble_face-with-open-mouth-vomiting-23x23_orig:Dave ----

I will take your word on that :nabble_face-with-open-mouth-vomiting-23x23_orig:Dave ----

It's a fat little rabbit with short legs and ears.

It's a fat little rabbit with short legs and ears.

Hmmm.. sounds like an ex of mine..

Not getting the thermostat done tonight.. trip to Walmart for groceries and fishing license took forever... will do after trip to transmission shop in the morning.

Hmmm.. sounds like an ex of mine..

Not getting the thermostat done tonight.. trip to Walmart for groceries and fishing license took forever... will do after trip to transmission shop in the morning.

Family comes first. And friends of family second - just before trucks. Sounds like you have tomorrow lined up. :nabble_smiley_good:

Family comes first. And friends of family second - just before trucks. Sounds like you have tomorrow lined up. :nabble_smiley_good:

Ok, so the guy said to do the A4OD the input shaft on the transfer case needs to be changed.

So for the transfer case rebuild and A4OD build with a C6 torque converter $2500.

Rear end rebuild will have to wait a couple of months as that is about $1200 from this place.

24month/24k warranty

Ok, so the guy said to do the A4OD the input shaft on the transfer case needs to be changed.

So for the transfer case rebuild and A4OD build with a C6 torque converter $2500.

Rear end rebuild will have to wait a couple of months as that is about $1200 from this place.

24month/24k warranty

I believe he is mistaken on the transfer case input shaft.

I don't know for sure what transfer case you have, but if you go here (Documentation/Driveline/Transfer Cases) and then go to the Applications tab you'll see that an '85 Bronco should have an NP208. And note that it will take Parts list # 70.F. (Also note that all 208's take 70.A through F.)

Then go to NP208 tab and look at the Illustrations tab. There you'll see that the input shaft is #7017.

Now click on the Parts List tab and scroll down to 7017 and you will see that there is one input shaft for every parts list, meaning A through F: E0TZ 7017-A. Said another way, there is only one input shaft for all NP208's regardless of year, transmission, etc. And you have it in your t-case. :nabble_smiley_wink:

parts-list-1_2.thumb.jpg.299b38c9a66e9631d7bf70494ee19da9.jpg

I believe he is mistaken on the transfer case input shaft.

I don't know for sure what transfer case you have, but if you go here (Documentation/Driveline/Transfer Cases) and then go to the Applications tab you'll see that an '85 Bronco should have an NP208. And note that it will take Parts list # 70.F. (Also note that all 208's take 70.A through F.)

Then go to NP208 tab and look at the Illustrations tab. There you'll see that the input shaft is #7017.

Now click on the Parts List tab and scroll down to 7017 and you will see that there is one input shaft for every parts list, meaning A through F: E0TZ 7017-A. Said another way, there is only one input shaft for all NP208's regardless of year, transmission, etc. And you have it in your t-case. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Gary, 82 Bronco, looks still a np208

Hmmm.

Gary, 82 Bronco, looks still a np208

Hmmm.

Doesn't matter what year. All NP208's, at least in the Bullnose era, had the same input shaft.

And, for that matter, all Ford transmissions in the Bullnose era had the same spline count on the output shaft, so any transfer case fits any transmission.

Make sure he is talking AOD. You said A4OD, but we usually call it an AOD. However, Ford called it an AOT.

Doesn't matter what year. All NP208's, at least in the Bullnose era, had the same input shaft.

And, for that matter, all Ford transmissions in the Bullnose era had the same spline count on the output shaft, so any transfer case fits any transmission.

Make sure he is talking AOD. You said A4OD, but we usually call it an AOD. However, Ford called it an AOT.

Thanks gary, i will double check!!