Bullnose Forums

1982 Bronco 351 4x4 - Code name Esperanza

Gsmblue

Blue looks to be your color. I guess I should have know - Gsmblue. :nabble_smiley_wink:

But it is looking good. However, I'm curious what differences you've found with the accumulators.

Haha! You worked it out, Blue is my color!

The difference with the accumulators is the angle and length of the tube that comes out of the bottom. I can get some pics tomorrow, I think I will need to order a different (later model) accumulator as the AC compressor and pipes I got are from a later model truck.

The one on the left is what was in my 82 Bronco, the one on the right is what came from the donor vehicle... looks like it changed in 1983.

524EDCAD-B9ED-4800-8877-0786B22D6A39.thumb.jpeg.eebad80682efff87ee12a99eaea7eaa8.jpeg

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha! You worked it out, Blue is my color!

The difference with the accumulators is the angle and length of the tube that comes out of the bottom. I can get some pics tomorrow, I think I will need to order a different (later model) accumulator as the AC compressor and pipes I got are from a later model truck.

The one on the left is what was in my 82 Bronco, the one on the right is what came from the donor vehicle... looks like it changed in 1983.

Left one i pulled from my 82 Bronco, right one is from a 86f250

15C07762-F265-4588-9778-A451626ADB87.jpeg.8eb39249e1885ca99669ded69f08937b.jpeg

I got the compressor, pipes and belts all on. Just need the o-rings and new accumulator..

For fun i will try and pull a vacuum with the scrapyard one in place later, call it practice.0DA7298D-12E3-4D86-B887-93D4AF9E5591.thumb.jpeg.8b84ee9576d34ce47065b7fcc67a6a33.jpeg

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n54126/15C07762-F265-4588-9778-A451626ADB87.jpeg

I got the compressor, pipes and belts all on. Just need the o-rings and new accumulator..

For fun i will try and pull a vacuum with the scrapyard one in place later, call it practice.http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n54126/0DA7298D-12E3-4D86-B887-93D4AF9E5591.jpeg

I am hating you right now :nabble_smiley_angry:

I wish mine was looking like your is right now.

I need to hit a junk yard and see if I cant find a compressor, hoses, drier, etc.

Thing is my truck came with a York compressor and I am switching to the type you are running and I don't know what I may run into, like you on the drier, for drier & hoses yet.

Good luck on pulling a vacuum

Dave ----

For fun i will try and pull a vacuum with the scrapyard one in place later, call it practice.

Looking good! Well done. :nabble_anim_claps:

And good luck on the vacuum. Let it sit for a while and it'll help boil some of the moisture out.

Looking good! Well done. :nabble_anim_claps:

And good luck on the vacuum. Let it sit for a while and it'll help boil some of the moisture out.

No vacuum test today, the wife took the wrong car and it had all my tools in it!! Hopefully tomorrow.

No vacuum test today, the wife took the wrong car and it had all my tools in it!! Hopefully tomorrow.

Mother Nature was not cooperating today. I finished work, RAN outside and by the time I got my tools etc..l it dropped to 42F and started snowing!

My wife was laughing at me, by dog was running around like a lunatic... it was a whole show.

No vacuum test conducted.

However, an import step did occur. I shorted out the accumulator pressure switch with a paper clip, started the engine.... moved the vent control from “off” to “AC”.. and the compressor clutch engaged and The compressor started spinning! I let it run for moment and killed the engine and removed the paper clip.

This gives me some confidence that I can get this AC system working. Mother Nature will let me know when I can try again.

Mother Nature was not cooperating today. I finished work, RAN outside and by the time I got my tools etc..l it dropped to 42F and started snowing!

My wife was laughing at me, by dog was running around like a lunatic... it was a whole show.

No vacuum test conducted.

However, an import step did occur. I shorted out the accumulator pressure switch with a paper clip, started the engine.... moved the vent control from “off” to “AC”.. and the compressor clutch engaged and The compressor started spinning! I let it run for moment and killed the engine and removed the paper clip.

This gives me some confidence that I can get this AC system working. Mother Nature will let me know when I can try again.

I hear you. :nabble_head-slap-23_orig:

It was 70 one day last week and Saturday was gorgeous too.

Was snowing at 6, sleet before noon and sheets of freezing rain until at least 9 pm.

Vernal equinox was last week.....

'Go home Mother Nature, you're drunk!"

I hear you. :nabble_head-slap-23_orig:

It was 70 one day last week and Saturday was gorgeous too.

Was snowing at 6, sleet before noon and sheets of freezing rain until at least 9 pm.

Vernal equinox was last week.....

'Go home Mother Nature, you're drunk!"

Yes, it is a strange weather pattern we are in. We just had a big thunder storm, so the loblolly in the low spot of the yard is getting bigger rather than smaller. Not sure I can mow there this year.

Anyway, the fact that the compressor came in and spun is a good test. Now, if you get warm weather, you should be able to knock it out.

Yes, it is a strange weather pattern we are in. We just had a big thunder storm, so the loblolly in the low spot of the yard is getting bigger rather than smaller. Not sure I can mow there this year.

Anyway, the fact that the compressor came in and spun is a good test. Now, if you get warm weather, you should be able to knock it out.

So Mother Nature had it in for you chaps too! Dear oh dear!

Definitely thankful the compressor engaged. Once the new accumulator arrives at the end of the week the weather should be a little warmer and I can really get into this... I did paint the mounting rings for the accumulator too... I was trying to find anything I could do last night!

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n54126/15C07762-F265-4588-9778-A451626ADB87.jpeg

For fun i will try and pull a vacuum with the scrapyard one in place later, call it practice.http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n54126/0DA7298D-12E3-4D86-B887-93D4AF9E5591.jpeg

I am hating you right now :nabble_smiley_angry:

I wish mine was looking like your is right now.

I need to hit a junk yard and see if I cant find a compressor, hoses, drier, etc.

Thing is my truck came with a York compressor and I am switching to the type you are running and I don't know what I may run into, like you on the drier, for drier & hoses yet.

Good luck on pulling a vacuum

Dave ----

Dave - 2 years worth of work to getting it this bad! I was lucky I got the FS6 compressor, hoses, accumulator, mounting rings and pressure switch for $35. I nearly bit their hand off!