Bullnose Forums

doors

snakebite8

His doors r 100 gutted. I would be using 100% of all my stuff from my doors

I think what Jim was hinting on is if the door used the cable they may not have the holes for the handle / rod type and / or the door may not be the same in that area to mount yours.

It might be best to take you door panel off and take a picture or 3 and see if the sheet metal the parts mount to are the same, holes can be drilled for

Dave ----

I think what Jim was hinting on is if the door used the cable they may not have the holes for the handle / rod type and / or the door may not be the same in that area to mount yours.

It might be best to take you door panel off and take a picture or 3 and see if the sheet metal the parts mount to are the same, holes can be drilled for

Dave ----

I am waiting for him so send me pics of the door. when he does i'll post the pics. thanks for the help everyone

Dave ----

You can install the older rod style as a complete assembly, latch, rods and handle. I have done newer doors an my 1986 and my best friend just did the doors on his 1995 F350.

You can install the older rod style as a complete assembly, latch, rods and handle. I have done newer doors an my 1986 and my best friend just did the doors on his 1995 F350.

Are you saying your friend retrofitted his '95 doors with rod unlatching mechanisms, to get away from the cables that have the handle pivots tear through?

It's good to know these fit up to the '97 redesign.

Interesting. My Bronco has a 02/92 build date. And I’m pretty sure it has the rod.

Had to replace the cable on my 94 F250 and wondered what I had in the Bronco.

• 2 weeks later...

When the Bricknose trucks moved the seatbelt retractor to the bottom of the B-pillar the retractor had a plunger that would retract the belt when the door opened.

There's a flat surface built into the jamb for that plunger to poke through.

The door has a corresponding dimple.

Jim,

You're saying that the Bricknose doors fit on the Bullnose cabs, correct?

I believe my 1980 Flareside has Bricknose doors on it. Can you tell from the picture below if this is a Brick door?

thumbnail_IMG_3020.jpg.77aece94d5dce2e097e286ac5de30fba.jpg

When the Bricknose trucks moved the seatbelt retractor to the bottom of the B-pillar the retractor had a plunger that would retract the belt when the door opened.

There's a flat surface built into the jamb for that plunger to poke through.

The door has a corresponding dimple.

Jim,

You're saying that the Bricknose doors fit on the Bullnose cabs, correct?

I believe my 1980 Flareside has Bricknose doors on it. Can you tell from the picture below if this is a Brick door?

I do think so.

Are the dividers between vent and door glass wider than the other truck?

Here you can see the plastic 'button' that hits the seatbelt retractor.

IMG_20201109_143422.thumb.jpg.728bd817ce33d045be59d2069dec795b.jpg

That's retro-reflective tape on the door edge.

I do think so.

Are the dividers between vent and door glass wider than the other truck?

Here you can see the plastic 'button' that hits the seatbelt retractor.

That's retro-reflective tape on the door edge.

I'm trying to see if the lower corner of your door is indented like mine.

Hard to tell on my phone.

I'm trying to see if the lower corner of your door is indented like mine.

It's not indented. It just has one little hump there, about an inch square. The doors on my '84 are the same. However, the doors do have the wider divider by the vent window from a Bricknose door. I know the doors are not original to the truck as they have the big 2" holes for the speaker conduits, and the truck did not have door speakers from the factory. They are likely aftermarket replacement doors, but how did they end up with Bricknose glass in them I don't know...lol. I'll have a better look at it tomorrow when I'm at work.