Bullnose Forums

doors

snakebite8

turns out the bottom of my doors r no good. I found 1992 doors in great shape. no rust. I have been told they will and will not work. I need to know 1000% before I buy them. r the 1992 the same as my 1985? also anyone near NJ selling two good doors let me know. thank u

Joe, they will fit the door opening in the cab.

That's the same.

As David points out, the vent window divider and the glass run itself are different, so you can't swap the guts of one door to another.

Also, at the lower rear of Bricknose trucks (I don't know about later '90's) the jamb sticks out and the door is indented,

Later doors can sit flush on early trucks, but not the other way around.

Also, at the lower rear of Bricknose trucks (I don't know about later '90's) the jamb sticks out and the door is indented,

I've actually seen them like this before. The door will be closed, but the bottom rear corner of the door will be sticking out a little bit.

However, I thought that some of them did actually fit. I've seen a lot of Bullnoses with the newer style mirrors and newer interior door panels, and always assumed that the whole door had been swapped...

I'm going to check my 1980 cab tomorrow. It has what I thought were Bricknose doors on it...it has the wider vertical bar beside the vent window. I didn't look to closely at them yet, but just assumed that the doors were swapped complete at some point.

I've actually seen them like this before. The door will be closed, but the bottom rear corner of the door will be sticking out a little bit.

However, I thought that some of them did actually fit. I've seen a lot of Bullnoses with the newer style mirrors and newer interior door panels, and always assumed that the whole door had been swapped...

I'm going to check my 1980 cab tomorrow. It has what I thought were Bricknose doors on it...it has the wider vertical bar beside the vent window. I didn't look to closely at them yet, but just assumed that the doors were swapped complete at some point.

When the Bricknose trucks moved the seatbelt retractor to the bottom of the B-pillar the retractor had a plunger that would retract the belt when the door opened.

There's a flat surface built into the jamb for that plunger to poke through.

The door has a corresponding dimple.

I'm not sure of the Aeronose trucks, so I can't say about '92>

When the Bricknose trucks moved the seatbelt retractor to the bottom of the B-pillar the retractor had a plunger that would retract the belt when the door opened.

There's a flat surface built into the jamb for that plunger to poke through.

The door has a corresponding dimple.

I'm not sure of the Aeronose trucks, so I can't say about '92>

Ok. The doors I’m looking at r gutted. I was going to have to use my windows and butterfly window and locks and handles. Can all those stuff fit in the 1992 door?

Ok. The doors I’m looking at r gutted. I was going to have to use my windows and butterfly window and locks and handles. Can all those stuff fit in the 1992 door?

They should as "whole" parts.

You CAN NOT mix-n-match the parts.

I believe all the bolt holes for the window parts should line up.

Do the doors have the regulators or you have to use yours?

I don't know of that part as I used my 81 regulators.

I had to replace the vent window assy. and the divider bars because of rot.

When I first got into the rebuild I found a set and bought them only 4 years latter finding out about the divider bars and vent window & roll up glass.

Skinny on top of the fat one

20191013_120456.jpg.9559d22b9b24651c3e3465f7c3a6003a.jpg

The fat ones are also longer

20191013_120439.jpg.a03309bfcc27ac84200eb336d3698c0f.jpg

20191015_153856.jpg.d6cd019ca579499f7e663bc1dab35f3f.jpg

What I was dealing with

20191015_153940.jpg.5f5fe4c1e4b751123cf3e36067da5970.jpg

Dave ----

When I first got into the rebuild I found a set and bought them only 4 years latter finding out about the divider bars and vent window & roll up glass.

What I was dealing with

Dave ----

Does anyone recall what year Ford went to the dreaded cable release door handles?

For sure those wouldn't work with the Bullnose door cards.

Even my Bricknose ones don't fit well with a Bullnose dash, but if the handle is in a different place in '92 that's a showstopper.

What I was dealing with

Dave ----

His doors r 100 gutted. I would be using 100% of all my stuff from my doors