Bullnose Forums

"Powered by Ford" Grand Wagoneer...

FoxFord33

Yes, I will be looking to sell anything I don't use. The interior has at least some things that could be desirable, and the chassis parts look healthy. The body is largely undamaged, save for the part of the grille just above the bumper, and there's not much rust damage. All the glass is good. I will be making a full inventory in future and posting it for sale, but you can make a request if you want something specific!

I'm WAY up in Connecticut. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

A painter buddy of mine asked me to look at his '94 E-350 last night because it makes a bang over bumps and the rear doors drag on the bumper. (rear sill/crossmember is completely gone :nabble_anim_crazy:)

We have plenty of rust up here, for you as well! :nabble_smiley_wink:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will you be at church on Sunday? If not I can drop the tester on your front porch after we have our Mother's Day Italian meal 4 blocks away. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Gary, I will not be there, so you can leave it inside the van or on the porch, whichever you feel.

Jim, you don't have to feel obligated to share the rust with us, but I appreciate your generosity!

Here's what I really want to post: progress!

20230512_212732.jpg.1ca929a84e53868f5ae5e1d46bb2f08f.jpg

Got the 'luminum fins out of the way. Now I have to remove the intake so I can attach the crane. But first, life's interruptions have to be priority one.

Gary, I will not be there, so you can leave it inside the van or on the porch, whichever you feel.

Jim, you don't have to feel obligated to share the rust with us, but I appreciate your generosity!

Here's what I really want to post: progress!

Got the 'luminum fins out of the way. Now I have to remove the intake so I can attach the crane. But first, life's interruptions have to be priority one.

That certainly is PROGRESS!

I hope to remember tomorrow to get the tester and put it in the car. Then remember to drop it off. :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

That certainly is PROGRESS!

I hope to remember tomorrow to get the tester and put it in the car. Then remember to drop it off. :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

Ok, the stuff is in the car, so that part of :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig: worked. Now to remember to drop it off. Might be a minor change of plans as Italian may not be on the menu since we have left-over Mac's. :nabble_smiley_good:

Here's what's in the box. Configured as on the left it is a leak-down tester and you supply air on the upper left and put the spark plug in the cylinder being tested when it is at TDC on the compression stroke. Dial the regulator around to read 100 PSI on the left gauge. BUT, the loss is actually 100 - right gauge.

And configured as on the right you have a compression tester. I'm not a big fan of testing that way, but it is available nonetheless.

Leak_Down_Tester.thumb.jpg.9f42c2189817ad0e1243372daca3c859.jpgCompression_Tester.thumb.jpg.59fbc4cd6553c611b0c9371a47180485.jpg

Ok, the stuff is in the car, so that part of :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig: worked. Now to remember to drop it off. Might be a minor change of plans as Italian may not be on the menu since we have left-over Mac's. :nabble_smiley_good:

Here's what's in the box. Configured as on the left it is a leak-down tester and you supply air on the upper left and put the spark plug in the cylinder being tested when it is at TDC on the compression stroke. Dial the regulator around to read 100 PSI on the left gauge. BUT, the loss is actually 100 - right gauge.

And configured as on the right you have a compression tester. I'm not a big fan of testing that way, but it is available nonetheless.

Two more things that might come in handy:

• On the right is a piston stop, which I use to find TDC on #1. Set it up so it stops you several degrees ahead of TDC when rotating the engine clockwise and then make sure it stops the same number of degrees after TDC when rotating it CCW. If not your balancer isn't accurate or has slipped.

• On the left is a tape that I use to measure the circumference of a harmonic balancer and then, having done the math, mark said balancer at 90 degree increments for the TDC of each cylinder.

They are in the box/tote.

Piston_Stop__Tape.jpg.f6971e6b3fdde828b5c56c3d7816ad32.jpg

Two more things that might come in handy:

• On the right is a piston stop, which I use to find TDC on #1. Set it up so it stops you several degrees ahead of TDC when rotating the engine clockwise and then make sure it stops the same number of degrees after TDC when rotating it CCW. If not your balancer isn't accurate or has slipped.

• On the left is a tape that I use to measure the circumference of a harmonic balancer and then, having done the math, mark said balancer at 90 degree increments for the TDC of each cylinder.

They are in the box/tote.

Ok. Grandma is moved. We're not going to comment here on whether she is totally enthused about the situation.

I flew back home today and had a few minutes before the kids got home from their last week of school. So I continued to remove hoses and wires. This is the A/C line, but it couldn't have been containing the refrigerant. It had some solid material resembling wood glue for a sealant. Looked like this:20230515_153110.jpg.69425ea59a2457cdb14f2aaf925eafa2.jpg

So there was no tell-tale hiss when I released the hoses. Not surprising or disappointing; it was cheap enough.

When I took the fuel lines loose, I was pleased to find that they were still pressurized and full of fuel.

I took loose some EGR hoses and I will be continuing later.

Ok. Grandma is moved. We're not going to comment here on whether she is totally enthused about the situation.

I flew back home today and had a few minutes before the kids got home from their last week of school. So I continued to remove hoses and wires. This is the A/C line, but it couldn't have been containing the refrigerant. It had some solid material resembling wood glue for a sealant. Looked like this:

So there was no tell-tale hiss when I released the hoses. Not surprising or disappointing; it was cheap enough.

When I took the fuel lines loose, I was pleased to find that they were still pressurized and full of fuel.

I took loose some EGR hoses and I will be continuing later.

Wow! To have fuel in the lines with pressure is great!

Happen to find a blue tote?

Wow! To have fuel in the lines with pressure is great!

Happen to find a blue tote?

Gary, I did receive the tote. Thank you!

I have continued removal of pieces in order to remove the engine. Looks like it will go easier if all belt-driven accessories are off.

20230516_195528.jpg.51890f5dbc14c64c9f351228395a1078.jpg

Also, I have to remove at least the top half of the intake so I have lifting room. However, getting to the bolt down under the comb-over is proving difficult. Looks like I need a long torx, but does anyone know what size? I could buy a set and shoot till I make it...

20230516_195606.jpg.94e7a9313569cddcd39535b33670b81e.jpg

Gary, I did receive the tote. Thank you!

I have continued removal of pieces in order to remove the engine. Looks like it will go easier if all belt-driven accessories are off.

Also, I have to remove at least the top half of the intake so I have lifting room. However, getting to the bolt down under the comb-over is proving difficult. Looks like I need a long torx, but does anyone know what size? I could buy a set and shoot till I make it...

Glad the tote was there.

As for the torx, in this post Jim said:

T-40, 1/4" drive, 150-175 mm extension.

Or the Wiha 77117 is available on Amazon for around $10 delivered here in the U.S.

That 3/8" drive is skinny enough to fit.

Text me as I probably have the right combo of bits & extensions to do it.

Glad the tote was there.

As for the torx, in this post Jim said:

T-40, 1/4" drive, 150-175 mm extension.

Or the Wiha 77117 is available on Amazon for around $10 delivered here in the U.S.

That 3/8" drive is skinny enough to fit.

Text me as I probably have the right combo of bits & extensions to do it.

Ok, I'm glad to hear I can borrow from you. I know that my set of torx is 3/8" drive, and cannot fit down in there; additionally, my own head has a larger diameter than 2", therefore I cannot get a view in there to size it. I can't tell the size from my picture.

I imagined that a set which is mostly shaft would do it, so I see Jim's posted suggestions would work well. I will contact you, Gary! Thanks again, both of you!