Bullnose Forums

83 F100 Upgrade

Bisquik1959

Nice! :nabble_smiley_good:

Bumper dose look nice.

You don't find many that still have a plate bracket and light in place!

And the light works too :nabble_smiley_good:

Question

On that air dam you made did it help any?

If not do you think if it was a little lower it might help more?

Also if you have any pictures of how you made it and attached it to the truck would help.

At mid 14's MPG, working on the fuel & timing side now, I can use all the help I can get.

Thanks

Dave ----

Bumper dose look nice.

You don't find many that still have a plate bracket and light in place!

And the light works too :nabble_smiley_good:

Question

On that air dam you made did it help any?

If not do you think if it was a little lower it might help more?

Also if you have any pictures of how you made it and attached it to the truck would help.

At mid 14's MPG, working on the fuel & timing side now, I can use all the help I can get.

Thanks

Dave ----

As for the fuel mileage... I haven't seen any increases and get around 15 currently. However, since putting it on I haven't had a week that hasn't had heavy wind that screws with my mileage. Also, the last week I have been burning up left over 96 octane from dune season. It will go bad sitting till June. The truck doesn't get very good mileage with it. So long story short, I haven't noticed any differences yet.

The air dam was a piece of thin 2x2x48 aluminum angle. I just rounded the edges and bolted it to the mounting holes on the bottom of the bumper.

I have thought of lowering it some day. I think that would help with mileage a bit. Dream beams are on my wish list.

As for the fuel mileage... I haven't seen any increases and get around 15 currently. However, since putting it on I haven't had a week that hasn't had heavy wind that screws with my mileage. Also, the last week I have been burning up left over 96 octane from dune season. It will go bad sitting till June. The truck doesn't get very good mileage with it. So long story short, I haven't noticed any differences yet.

The air dam was a piece of thin 2x2x48 aluminum angle. I just rounded the edges and bolted it to the mounting holes on the bottom of the bumper.

I have thought of lowering it some day. I think that would help with mileage a bit. Dream beams are on my wish list.

Thanks for the feed back.

Yea I think if it was just a little lower to keep the air from going under the truck would help.

Thing is finding the "sweet spot" as going to low may hurt also.

I wanted to the beams but my 81 uses kingpins and they don't make them for my truck.

I have seen they started but its for the other size pins not mine :nabble_smiley_sad:

Next project maybe LOL

Dave ----

Thanks for the feed back.

Yea I think if it was just a little lower to keep the air from going under the truck would help.

Thing is finding the "sweet spot" as going to low may hurt also.

I wanted to the beams but my 81 uses kingpins and they don't make them for my truck.

I have seen they started but its for the other size pins not mine :nabble_smiley_sad:

Next project maybe LOL

Dave ----

Got the bumper mounts fabbed up. Just need to get the chrome carriage bolts and the replacement license plate lights. Love the new look over the Arkansas diamond tread bumper.

20210320_175122.jpg.02fda8cf7bad3b2f43d519b25d6d8f89.jpg

Got the bumper mounts fabbed up. Just need to get the chrome carriage bolts and the replacement license plate lights. Love the new look over the Arkansas diamond tread bumper.

Looks good!

On the carriage bolts, I went stainless. The capped chrome ones tend to rust and be hard to get out, so I thought these would be better. We shall see.

Looks good!

On the carriage bolts, I went stainless. The capped chrome ones tend to rust and be hard to get out, so I thought these would be better. We shall see.

The local hardware store has chrome or polished stainless. I will get one of those. I was extremely disappointed in the cheapo Ford capped bolts. I had to drill those out when putting on the front bumper guards.