Bullnose Forums

T2K-CAR

85lebaront2

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I used a small dab of grease on the underside of the screw heads as recommended and, of course, tightened them by hand.

:nabble_smiley_good:

I'm using a small dab of grease where I torque down powder against powder or paint, and it seems to help. I'd like to use grease on the powder-coated threads, but if I do have to re-paint that makes it more difficult.

:nabble_smiley_good:

I'm using a small dab of grease where I torque down powder against powder or paint, and it seems to help. I'd like to use grease on the powder-coated threads, but if I do have to re-paint that makes it more difficult.

Got the dash in yesterday and today I started dying it to the maroon or burgundy color to match the rest of the interior. This only the top portion, the lower sections I am doing separately since they have to be installed after the upper and steering column are in.

You can see the amplifier location (ribbed black box) where it will be under the passenger seat.

DSCN3227.jpg.3e0f9e884b1538ce172ff4faa5859823.jpg

Got the dash in yesterday and today I started dying it to the maroon or burgundy color to match the rest of the interior. This only the top portion, the lower sections I am doing separately since they have to be installed after the upper and steering column are in.

You can see the amplifier location (ribbed black box) where it will be under the passenger seat.

What are you using to dye them? And, will you also be doing other parts in the interior with the same dye?

Anyway, looks good. :nabble_smiley_good:

What are you using to dye them? And, will you also be doing other parts in the interior with the same dye?

Anyway, looks good. :nabble_smiley_good:

SEM vinyl dye, same thing I used on Darth's dash. I installed the upper portion as it is a royal PITA and it is easily scraped installing it. The A/C vents snap in from the front side and the housings for the three (left end and two right hand) are awaiting their second coat. The one next to the cluster location is in the woodgrain fascia.

SEM vinyl dye, same thing I used on Darth's dash. I installed the upper portion as it is a royal PITA and it is easily scraped installing it. The A/C vents snap in from the front side and the housings for the three (left end and two right hand) are awaiting their second coat. The one next to the cluster location is in the woodgrain fascia.

I used SEM product on my 70 AMC Javelin dash frame (it has a new pad) and the dash on my 81 F100. I will do the kick, door panels and think the seat belt covers.

As with any painting it is all in the prep.

Dave ----

I used SEM product on my 70 AMC Javelin dash frame (it has a new pad) and the dash on my 81 F100. I will do the kick, door panels and think the seat belt covers.

As with any painting it is all in the prep.

Dave ----

Yep, SEM is my go-to vinyl/plastic dye.

• 6 months later...

Yep, SEM is my go-to vinyl/plastic dye.

Haven't updated this in a while, but major milestone today, windshield is installed, I had it shipped to a local company and since he had a job just up the road, he was able to do it for their minimum charge of 1 hr labor, $95. I had all the old glass out, trim off and everything pretty well cleaned.

From the front:

DSCN3645.thumb.jpg.b50919fa85f086bf0db143f1ddef74e8.jpg

From inside:

DSCN3648.thumb.jpg.90b4f595239b8e4a15fcbb7726c9064e.jpg

Top left corner, they use a polyurethane adhesive:

DSCN3649.thumb.jpg.a24c4d9ce6b546cf70b8efaf3ef13d73.jpg