Bullnose Forums

Bracket for 7.5 460

TravelMaster

Hey, those brackets look great! :nabble_anim_claps:

I'm not sure of my web hosting suggestion. It was more of a question, because I don't have the facilities to create anything.

But it's my understanding that files are available for access more or less forever, as long as they don't violate IP rules.

You can upload files here, and I assume you can upload those but haven't tried. And my intent is for this site to be here forever.

Maybe we need to have a place to put them?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got two of the brackets in the mail yesterday from Spalding auto parts. I had a few minutes yesterday evening to hit them with the grinder and clean them up and then hit them with some black spray paint.

They cleaned up pretty good!

I think the bracket Scott sent may be sitting in my mailbox right now! I'll get it corrected tonight in AutoCAD.

Those look great!

Gary - I was actually thinking the other day that we need a 3D/cad thread or section. Under Resources?

Somewhere we can post anything truck related that was designed. I know the clutch clip was made awhile back.

If a section, then maybe a post for each item. The poster can decide if they want to share the design or sell the product.

• 1 month later...

Those look great!

Gary - I was actually thinking the other day that we need a 3D/cad thread or section. Under Resources?

Somewhere we can post anything truck related that was designed. I know the clutch clip was made awhile back.

If a section, then maybe a post for each item. The poster can decide if they want to share the design or sell the product.

Okay I've been super busy but I haven't forgot about this project.

I got a 95% good version made but it was late and I had too much beer while operating the mill and should've used a smaller drill bit for the tapped hole. My mechanic was getting impatient at having my RV parked at his lot so I gave him Scotts mount in the meantime. I'll get some more stock from my buddy and cut a perfect one this Thursday!

Here's some pictures!

Original steel stock with the holes drilled. This is where I goofed up! The middle hole is where it should have been smaller for putting in a tap/thread.

20201016_032419_(Large).thumb.jpg.8573ec5ae2ffd7088e9553192f7befa3.jpg

Another angle to see how I mounted it to the aluminum plate. Vice grips rule for quick jobs like this!

20201016_032421_(Large).thumb.jpg.3f75864fe43137c8f9dff404af1fdce2.jpg

With the bracket mounted to the aluminum plate underneath I was able to remove the vice grips and then cut the outside of the mount. Was using a 3/16th (0.1875) carbide end mill 3 flute doing a .025 depth of cut at 3 inch per minute. We had the air blast on the Haas on the whole time to evacuate the steel chips and the compressor and air dryer got a good workout running near constant for about an hour!

20201016_034850_(Large).thumb.jpg.1e186339b70effa278696dff3fb6b9b1.jpg

Scotts mount is on top, then the mount I cut based on AutoCAD modeling, then the 1 to 1 print of the model:

20201016_045045_(Large).thumb.jpg.e96a57fdd6fbe9c2ae438bbe970b6ae9.jpg

I got a 95% good version made but it was late and I had too much beer while operating the mill and should've used a smaller drill bit for the tapped hole. My mechanic was getting impatient at having my RV parked at his lot so I gave him Scotts mount in the meantime. I'll get some more stock from my buddy and cut a perfect one this Thursday!

Here's some pictures!

Original steel stock with the holes drilled. This is where I goofed up! The middle hole is where it should have been smaller for putting in a tap/thread.

Another angle to see how I mounted it to the aluminum plate. Vice grips rule for quick jobs like this!

With the bracket mounted to the aluminum plate underneath I was able to remove the vice grips and then cut the outside of the mount. Was using a 3/16th (0.1875) carbide end mill 3 flute doing a .025 depth of cut at 3 inch per minute. We had the air blast on the Haas on the whole time to evacuate the steel chips and the compressor and air dryer got a good workout running near constant for about an hour!

Scotts mount is on top, then the mount I cut based on AutoCAD modeling, then the 1 to 1 print of the model:

Cool! Looks perfect - or will do when you get the hole small enough to tap.

I like the way you held it down. I find that machine work is like chess - you have to think through everything to come up with a process that will actually work. :nabble_smiley_good:

Here's some pictures!

Why scrap it?

If it's in the right place, just put a Heli-coil, Time-sert or other thread repair insert in the hole you already have.

Why scrap it?

If it's in the right place, just put a Heli-coil, Time-sert or other thread repair insert in the hole you already have.

Good idea! :nabble_anim_claps:

Nice work, wish I had that equipment when I made mine, Sawz All, Dremal and drill press is what I used.

The one with the square hole is for the 300 six motor bracket.

That hole is for a breaker bar to help pull the compressor to tighten up the belt.

How is it done on the 460 motor?

Dave ----

Nice work, wish I had that equipment when I made mine, Sawz All, Dremal and drill press is what I used.

The one with the square hole is for the 300 six motor bracket.

That hole is for a breaker bar to help pull the compressor to tighten up the belt.

How is it done on the 460 motor?

Dave ----

Looks great!

Dave - there are two 'batwing' brackets. A front and back.

1983-on-300-and-460-integral_1.png.d7fd006ec902b1b70ac51b5bf474e03f.png

Looks great!

Dave - there are two 'batwing' brackets. A front and back.

So from the picture that front "bat wing" looks like the same as mine and different than the rear one.

It also looks like the slots are in different places.

I would think the bat wings would be the same front / rear like mine.

Did he get CADS for both of them?

Dave ----

So from the picture that front "bat wing" looks like the same as mine and different than the rear one.

It also looks like the slots are in different places.

I would think the bat wings would be the same front / rear like mine.

Did he get CADS for both of them?

Dave ----

He already has the other one.

Maybe he can scan that one too?

The power steering pump is used to tension a V-belt 460.

(See BB-579 in the diagram)