Bullnose Forums

Bracket for 7.5 460

TravelMaster

I have the skills to do CAD, but not the time at the moment, what with the show going on and the work on Big Blue. (Check out the show: Truck Shows/2020 Truck Show in the menu. You can enter, but time is limited.) But I can try the scanning approach and send the pdf to you and you can see what you think.

Or, take Scott/kramttocs up on his offer. Maybe it would be easier to draw it yourself than start from a pdf?

Which approach do you want to take?

Gary,

If you could scan it and send it I think that would be the fastest route to success!

That way I'm not inconveniencing you or Scott more than I already have. I can post the DXF file here when I'm done with CAD so anyone in the future can benefit.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gary,

If you could scan it and send it I think that would be the fastest route to success!

That way I'm not inconveniencing you or Scott more than I already have. I can post the DXF file here when I'm done with CAD so anyone in the future can benefit.

Ok, let's see if this works.

Here's the pdf that I think you can download: AC_Bracket.pdf

And here's a marked up view of it:

AC_Bracket.thumb.jpg.0f5d94391d9d74b653ba719926abff2b.jpg

Dave,

Those aluminum brackets look pretty dang good for a replica! How long have you been using them? I bet you had one already for the 300 so you had two made because the 300 used two right?

Did you go with aluminum just because you had it available or to reduce the weight? I bet aluminum is probably okay just due to how thick it is for this particular bracket.

Thanks on the job done.

I have been using them for about a month maybe a little longer but made them months before as I did not have a compressor to mount at the time.

When I got the full AC brackets I had 2 of them and had them bolted to the main motor bracket.

I guess I did not tighten the bolts up on 1 and driving down I heard something bonce off the bottom of the truck and thought I hit something on the high way. Few day later when checking the oil I seen it missing :nabble_smiley_cry:

I work for a trucking company that has its own body & repair shop. I kept looking in the scrap trailer and 1 night I seen the alum. plate. Think maybe left over from a dump truck repair?

I figured being alum would be easy to work with and thick to not flex.

It was not that easy to work with but is thick enough.

I was only going to make 1 but the OCD in me could not have 2 different "bat wings" LOL

But I was lucky I had the 1 to use as a pattern to make the 2 from alum.

If you did not know they should be metal you would never know it.

I also enjoy making things like this or the metal ribbed bed floor or the driving lights in the front bumper.

I get into a zone, tune everything else out and do the job at hand.

Dave ----

Ok, let's see if this works.

Here's the pdf that I think you can download: AC_Bracket.pdf

And here's a marked up view of it:

Okay I had a little bit of time to work on this so here:

AC_bracket_DWG_image.png.0dd9e8db035f2c23fd89fe99bc700fd9.png

I think I got the part mostly correct in the dimensions but I still think something is a bit off. Perhaps due to reflections in the scanner.

Does anybody know of a good place for long term file uploads? Most sites either don't tell you how long they retain a file or delete it after a few weeks.

Scott, can I take you up on your offer? It sure would be great to get this part 100% factory correct before I have it cut on the water jet.

I think I got the part mostly correct in the dimensions but I still think something is a bit off. Perhaps due to reflections in the scanner.

Does anybody know of a good place for long term file uploads? Most sites either don't tell you how long they retain a file or delete it after a few weeks.

Scott, can I take you up on your offer? It sure would be great to get this part 100% factory correct before I have it cut on the water jet.

You bet!

So you only need the rear bracket and not the front (the one Dave is showing with the square hole)?

Email me your address and I'll get it on its way.

If you gave it a Z dimension couldn't you put it on thingiverse?

It is on the way to you!

I got two of the brackets in the mail yesterday from Spalding auto parts. I had a few minutes yesterday evening to hit them with the grinder and clean them up and then hit them with some black spray paint.

They cleaned up pretty good!

2_out_of_3_brackets_(Small).png.95549b77cf0cfbed23f40139ef39a2b9.png

I think the bracket Scott sent may be sitting in my mailbox right now! I'll get it corrected tonight in AutoCAD.

I got two of the brackets in the mail yesterday from Spalding auto parts. I had a few minutes yesterday evening to hit them with the grinder and clean them up and then hit them with some black spray paint.

They cleaned up pretty good!

I think the bracket Scott sent may be sitting in my mailbox right now! I'll get it corrected tonight in AutoCAD.

Hey, those brackets look great! :nabble_anim_claps:

I'm not sure of my web hosting suggestion. It was more of a question, because I don't have the facilities to create anything.

But it's my understanding that files are available for access more or less forever, as long as they don't violate IP rules.