Bullnose Forums

Battery Jump Starters

swampedout

So I have a project thread about my electrical troubleshooting and this us related.

Short story is: my 2 batteries were around 11v this morning when I went to haul water. I put one on my indoor charger for a couple minutes, put it back in the truck and it started just fine.

I used to have a smaller jump starter that got stolen with a bunch of other tools years ago and never bought one since. I imagine the technology has changed a lot. Im looking for something that could do at least 1000 amps and wont break the bank. Just curious what everyone else uses and if theres any brands I should steer clear of.

Thanks!:nabble_smiley_good:

Lithium batteries are a game changer from the ni-cad 'totes' of old.

Just the fact that they can dump so much, so fast.

As charge density goes up it can only get better.

I too have heard good things about noco.

Only got a chance to use them a few times.

But they certainly did work. :nabble_smiley_good:

I'm a little leary of their small cables, but they're made for modern vehicles who's starters don't seem to draw so much.

Lithium batteries are a game changer from the ni-cad 'totes' of old.

Just the fact that they can dump so much, so fast.

As charge density goes up it can only get better.

I too have heard good things about noco.

Only got a chance to use them a few times.

But they certainly did work. :nabble_smiley_good:

I'm a little leary of their small cables, but they're made for modern vehicles who's starters don't seem to draw so much.

I don't know who makes mine but it was on the cheaper $$ side and I am paying for it as it has never worked like I think it should when needed.

It is either dead, plugged in all the time, or does not have the power to jump start.

I have not looked for it in a while wonder if it walked with the other tools out of my garage?

I just use another truck to jump start off of or run the cord & charger out to the dead one.

Dave ----

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know who makes mine but it was on the cheaper $$ side and I am paying for it as it has never worked like I think it should when needed.

It is either dead, plugged in all the time, or does not have the power to jump start.

I have not looked for it in a while wonder if it walked with the other tools out of my garage?

I just use another truck to jump start off of or run the cord & charger out to the dead one.

Dave ----

I use this brand, have used it for years. When I got my truck this thing jumped it multiple times on the way home. Good enough to jump a diesel. I used it just Monday to jump my car. I keep one in every vehicle.

jumper.png.dfabf497db902385c975c1c6a4d2e94d.png