Bullnose Forums

Dash LED Lighting

Switch to LEDs for the turn signal indicators, but not for High Beam indicator or 4X4 indicator. Too bright for continuous usage.

If you switched the turn signal bulbs to LED, did you not have to address the flasher?

I did all of them across the top.

Love the bright turn lights, 1 stops working at times, the hi beam is behind the wheel so it is partly blocked so not a big deal for me and I do use the hi beams a lot at 2am going to work.

I don't run, at this time, any other LED bulbs other than in the dash so I did not need to change out the flashers.

Because I am old I forget but I think the replacement tail lights for the flare side were not painted white like the factory ones. I used shinny metal heating duct tape to line the inside of the light housing and the normal 1157 bulbs and it seams pretty bright.

Because I have just the 2 little lights with reflectors I did not think that was enough for night time driving that I do a lot of because of my work hours I did the FORD tail gate letters in reflective to help see me in the dark.

Dave ----

Good luck. I LED'd the entire interior of my 1995 Ranger and the main issue I've had is the LEDs burning up. Then again, I'm using chinese ebay units... which is likely half my problem.

I didn't bother on my bullnose... partially because of that experience, and partially because I was going for a more stock look.

Good luck. I LED'd the entire interior of my 1995 Ranger and the main issue I've had is the LEDs burning up. Then again, I'm using chinese ebay units... which is likely half my problem.

I didn't bother on my bullnose... partially because of that experience, and partially because I was going for a more stock look.

I used green LED's for the gauges and clear LED's for the warning lights and I think it matches the factory color pretty good to the radio, HVAC panel, ash tray, head light / wiper.

20190126_180030.jpg.abf2a452f7465afd13c356b51793af96.jpg

Dave ----

I used green LED's for the gauges and clear LED's for the warning lights and I think it matches the factory color pretty good to the radio, HVAC panel, ash tray, head light / wiper.

Dave ----

I used white when I did the ranger... turned the stock green into a nice blue. Even redid the headlight indicator module with a blue LED to complete the swap (see my 2020 show submission).

Have you had good longevity with your LED swap? Mine would usually start to fail within a couple of months (usually the dome bulbs first, followed by the dash illumnination)... tried several styles of 194 replacement (all ultrabrights) with no winner.

• 2 months later...