Bullnose Forums

AC suction line help.

If you look it up in the HVAC in documentation, it shows a picture of it for the 460's in the ac brackets if you need to know what it looks like.

OK, here is where we are at right now. The four seasons suction hose is correct. The system was not holding a vacuum with the old hose. I remembered something. who knows how long ago, we got a coplete ac system out of an 84 bullnose. I was sitting in the old truck seat and something, i think maybe God made me get up, go to the trunk of the wrecked vic and open it, and there it is sitting there in front of me. Brutus's original compressor with a manual shut off valve at compresser. We swapped everything out and the vacuum pump is no longer pulling in air. Wish us luck. Going back out there. My aching Back

OK, here is where we are at right now. The four seasons suction hose is correct. The system was not holding a vacuum with the old hose. I remembered something. who knows how long ago, we got a coplete ac system out of an 84 bullnose. I was sitting in the old truck seat and something, i think maybe God made me get up, go to the trunk of the wrecked vic and open it, and there it is sitting there in front of me. Brutus's original compressor with a manual shut off valve at compresser. We swapped everything out and the vacuum pump is no longer pulling in air. Wish us luck. Going back out there. My aching Back

Good luck with that, George! :nabble_smiley_good:

You really need a ride with good AC in your climate.

Good luck with that, George! :nabble_smiley_good:

You really need a ride with good AC in your climate.

Ok, it's stillholding at 30 psi, we are going to charge it tomorrow. Only thing that concerns me is the compresser. first off, the pulley is bent on the outside edge, i didnt notice that,the part where the belt goes seams to be ok. When i bolted the blocks to the compresser, the bolts stripped and i did not apply any torque at all and they just stripped. i pulled some more out of other compressers, same thing. I did manage to get 3 in, good and tight and have to use a washer on the 4th one. I'm thinking slightly shorter screws

Oh yea, the AC in the house went out

20200829_172012.jpg.98b8ff99c11fcacb630275fba5b36e30.jpg

20200829_172022.jpg.0e4f9f7b15187272f32b37162d85b71c.jpg

Ok, it's stillholding at 30 psi, we are going to charge it tomorrow. Only thing that concerns me is the compresser. first off, the pulley is bent on the outside edge, i didnt notice that,the part where the belt goes seams to be ok. When i bolted the blocks to the compresser, the bolts stripped and i did not apply any torque at all and they just stripped. i pulled some more out of other compressers, same thing. I did manage to get 3 in, good and tight and have to use a washer on the 4th one. I'm thinking slightly shorter screws

Oh yea, the AC in the house went out

Steve, we have the bracket. Please dont shut up. Good eye and thank you

Good eye Steve!

I think it was Matthew (Maybe Dave?) Who said that bracket vibrated off their compressor and it was making a racket.

But any kind of stay is better than no stay.

The only thing I had fall off was 1 of the brackets that go between the main block bracket and the compressor and made 2 new ones from alum. plate.

I don't have / never had that hose bracket, if I ever come across one I will snag it.

Good to hear you are getting the AC system running.

Them hoses can drive you nuts.

Dave ----

Good eye Steve!

I think it was Matthew (Maybe Dave?) Who said that bracket vibrated off their compressor and it was making a racket.

But any kind of stay is better than no stay.

The only thing I had fall off was 1 of the brackets that go between the main block bracket and the compressor and made 2 new ones from alum. plate.

I don't have / never had that hose bracket, if I ever come across one I will snag it.

Good to hear you are getting the AC system running.

Them hoses can drive you nuts.

Dave ----

Now that i got everything set up, I did a search for the manual shut off valve, of course nothing comes up, but i did find the suction hose that seams impossible to find. I found the one with no shut off valve at compressor. Look up a 86 with a 351w, it will give it to you. I'm going to start a new thread once this is all said and done with all the correct part numbers and everything