Bullnose Forums

Jim's 1982 300 Six Bronco Original Restoration

JimJam300

Would you consider a polka dot cowl from a bricknose?

If you really want the slots Gary did a writeup in Dad's Truck thread (maybe back on FTE)

I have some. and it's true that my 93 has no issues but some trucks I just can't. I'm just picky that way. I really like the idea of adding a better screen to the fresh air intake in a discrete area if I can. but yes, the pinhole cowl solved an issue.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See if this works....

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Heater-Blend-Door-Alternate-Design-tp112193.html

Edit, here is the purchase link but the install is worth reading.

https://bullnosecreations.square.site/

Cheers. Thanks Jim.

this looks great. i have been considering something like this and now I'm:nabble_thinking-26_orig: inspired. driving to the shop this morning one of the leaves from my willow oak came through into the cab but hey, it made the whole trip. these are getting through the cowl vent worse than any before. need to do something. btw that looks like "gutter guard." like the type you get on a roll at the local home supply. am I correct?

Thanks man. Wasn't sure if the mesh was necessary but I figured it wouldn't hurt, I already had the material from when I wanted to make a "Satoshi grill" for my 4Runner.

Amazon link

• 2 months later...

See if this works....

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Heater-Blend-Door-Alternate-Design-tp112193.html

Edit, here is the purchase link but the install is worth reading.

https://bullnosecreations.square.site/

Cheers. Thanks Jim.

this looks great. i have been considering something like this and now I'mhttp://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/thinking-26_orig.jpg inspired. driving to the shop this morning one of the leaves from my willow oak came through into the cab but hey, it made the whole trip. these are getting through the cowl vent worse than any before. need to do something. btw that looks like "gutter guard." like the type you get on a roll at the local home supply. am I correct?

Thanks man. Wasn't sure if the mesh was necessary but I figured it wouldn't hurt, I already had the material from when I wanted to make a "Satoshi grill" for my 4Runner.

Amazon link

It has been a while...

I had the steel heater blend door so the process of repairing was about the same as the plastic, just more layers. I found 1/4" polyurethane foam on McMaster-Carr and that or 3/16" seems to be the ticket. Attached with Super 90 adhesive.

5.thumb.jpg.37e1d7b4fd52b26490b3360298f0f5f8.jpg

Duct assembly is in the truck...

6.jpg.7e29fd1768252a6ca27ebdb71d5f2dbe.jpg

7.jpg.b90ca2611cdff37a9a56dd4dae2a944e.jpg

A/C blend door actuator is missing the vacuum line pigtail, mine got chewed up by the rodents. Last time I had the part # on hand I couldn't find it for sale anywhere. Is there a way to make my own vacuum harnesses with the factory connectors?

It has been a while...

I had the steel heater blend door so the process of repairing was about the same as the plastic, just more layers. I found 1/4" polyurethane foam on McMaster-Carr and that or 3/16" seems to be the ticket. Attached with Super 90 adhesive.

A/C blend door actuator is missing the vacuum line pigtail, mine got chewed up by the rodents. Last time I had the part # on hand I couldn't find it for sale anywhere. Is there a way to make my own vacuum harnesses with the factory connectors?

That looks really good! :nabble_smiley_good:

On the vacuum line, can you tell us the # from this illustration?

integral-ac-passenger-compartment_1.thumb.jpg.f2a13b666591feb619deafccf2ae3219.jpg

It has been a while...

Are you saying the rubber fitting is missing from the end of the plastic vacuum line?

Are you saying the rubber fitting is missing from the end of the plastic vacuum line?

This is the part

IMG_5088.thumb.jpeg.cd89810c8ee67e490822b26c7a7d4439.jpeg

I have the fittings and they are fine. The vacuum lines are just damaged in several parts and I haven't figured out a way to remove them and use my own lines. I guess ideally I'll be looking for a replacement.

This is the part

I have the fittings and they are fine. The vacuum lines are just damaged in several parts and I haven't figured out a way to remove them and use my own lines. I guess ideally I'll be looking for a replacement.

If the bugs are still in the rubber ends just slip come vacuum hose over, just like you were splicing a brittle colored line in the engine bay.

If the bugs are still in the rubber ends just slip come vacuum hose over, just like you were splicing a brittle colored line in the engine bay.

Yes, you can make your own. Like Jim described or if that doesn't seem to work I've slipped a piece of brass tubing inside the vacuum line and then vacuum hose over the tubing.

• 5 weeks later...

Yes, you can make your own. Like Jim described or if that doesn't seem to work I've slipped a piece of brass tubing inside the vacuum line and then vacuum hose over the tubing.

Getting ready to paint my dashboard (not the dash pad) with SEM Color Coat. All my supplies should come in by Monday. Just for anyone's future reference, the adhesion promoter for my dash is SEM 38363 Sand Free. Did Ford use the same plastic on the dash for every factory and year?

Getting ready to paint my dashboard (not the dash pad) with SEM Color Coat. All my supplies should come in by Monday. Just for anyone's future reference, the adhesion promoter for my dash is SEM 38363 Sand Free. Did Ford use the same plastic on the dash for every factory and year?

Yes, I think the dash plastic was all the same since every year has the same problem.

Good luck with the painting. It is all in the prep - do LOTS of it, especially since a dash may have had Armor All on it.