Bullnose Forums

Jim's 1982 300 Six Bronco Original Restoration

JimJam300

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just there to support the foam on the door, right?

The door does not contact it. I think it's to keep debris out. I was kind of stumped so I asked my wife why she thinks they used such a large mesh and she said airflow.

From Docs, HVAC. Same grille, different location.

integral-underhood-rear-inside.jpg.eb3dac273abd1953ff735747ad6dc0d6.jpg

If I had to guess I'd say it's there to support the opening when the box is molded.

I can't see it keeping any critter out or affecting airflow in any way.

Original one is plastic I just have no clue what it's supposed to do. I went and epoxied the aluminum mesh on there and I used some 1/2" thick adhesive-backed neoprene foam for the weather seal. So yeah I did manage to get the blend door out and I sandblasted it and epoxied all the rust pinholes, painted it, and it's ready for the foam and glue. Amazon is taking its sweet time with my 1/16" foam so that's keeping me from slapping the whole assembly back on the truck. I'll get some pictures up of the repair job when I put my garage back together. The termite exterminators said I had to move everything from all the walls so they could spray and then showed up and said it wasn't necessary :nabble_smiley_angry:

Through this I've found a very clean and easy way to apply JB Weld, which is by using small el cheapo paintbrushes for arts and crafts. You can get a 100 pack for very cheap on Amazon.

• 2 weeks later...

Original one is plastic I just have no clue what it's supposed to do. I went and epoxied the aluminum mesh on there and I used some 1/2" thick adhesive-backed neoprene foam for the weather seal. So yeah I did manage to get the blend door out and I sandblasted it and epoxied all the rust pinholes, painted it, and it's ready for the foam and glue. Amazon is taking its sweet time with my 1/16" foam so that's keeping me from slapping the whole assembly back on the truck. I'll get some pictures up of the repair job when I put my garage back together. The termite exterminators said I had to move everything from all the walls so they could spray and then showed up and said it wasn't necessary :nabble_smiley_angry:

Through this I've found a very clean and easy way to apply JB Weld, which is by using small el cheapo paintbrushes for arts and crafts. You can get a 100 pack for very cheap on Amazon.

Got the outer vents pretty much rebuilt. Hopefully I can put the JB Weld down for now.

IMG_4459.jpg.a7c375448d1c56a9bf0049173cf7581c.jpg

IMG_4457.jpg.da7b75350fcefbf6407a2bea5faba671.jpg

IMG_4458.jpg.7257dfb50f2f6d1e397c60e996cbe453.jpg

I already glued neoprene foam to this outer blend door and I was reading somewhere in this forum that neoprene for the blend doors was not desirable. I assume because it's too rigid?

I just took apart my interior vents, and yep my heater blend door is busted. I looked and I couldn't find that one 3D printed door that has been posted here a few times.

Got the outer vents pretty much rebuilt. Hopefully I can put the JB Weld down for now.

I already glued neoprene foam to this outer blend door and I was reading somewhere in this forum that neoprene for the blend doors was not desirable. I assume because it's too rigid?

I just took apart my interior vents, and yep my heater blend door is busted. I looked and I couldn't find that one 3D printed door that has been posted here a few times.

Clean job!

Good progress!

:nabble_anim_claps:

See if this works....

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Heater-Blend-Door-Alternate-Design-tp112193.html

Edit, here is the purchase link but the install is worth reading.

https://bullnosecreations.square.site/

See if this works....

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Heater-Blend-Door-Alternate-Design-tp112193.html

Edit, here is the purchase link but the install is worth reading.

https://bullnosecreations.square.site/

this looks great. i have been considering something like this and now I'm:nabble_thinking-26_orig: inspired. driving to the shop this morning one of the leaves from my willow oak came through into the cab but hey, it made the whole trip. these are getting through the cowl vent worse than any before. need to do something. btw that looks like "gutter guard." like the type you get on a roll at the local home supply. am I correct?

this looks great. i have been considering something like this and now I'm:nabble_thinking-26_orig: inspired. driving to the shop this morning one of the leaves from my willow oak came through into the cab but hey, it made the whole trip. these are getting through the cowl vent worse than any before. need to do something. btw that looks like "gutter guard." like the type you get on a roll at the local home supply. am I correct?

Would you consider a polka dot cowl from a bricknose?

If you really want the slots Gary did a writeup in Dad's Truck thread (maybe back on FTE)