Bullnose Forums

Four seasons ac liquid line help

I ordered all new ac stuff from Rock auto in May. Four seasons drop shipped me the hoses. when they came in, the liquid line does not look right and i called them and they told me they have sold hundreds of these for these trucks. My evaperator, condenser, compressor, all the other hoses are correct. the liquid line does not connect to the condenser

pic 1 is the line they sent me

Pic 2 is the old fitting

every liquid line i look up for the truck is the exact same thing as they sent me. what do i do?

20200822_144259.jpg.49e54ecbb0b6625b608a49b2e8cbb0aa.jpg

20200822_144512.jpg.54a01847f6653e4d3452c51e81e4638f.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the same issue with that line also not fitting.

I got my hoses from Auto Zone on line and they were dropped shipped to me also.

I returned the hose, dryer and belt as they did not fit (see below).

What year is your truck?

What compressor did it come with from the factory?

Mine is an 1981 and came with a York compressor.

I am pretty sure the line I ordered was for an 1984 as I needed the 2 hoses to fit a Sanden compressor of that year.

I also know the later year evap has different fittings for the dryer as the 84 dryer would not fit my 81 evap.

I was lucky that the 2 compressor hoses (for 84 truck) fit to condenser & dryer or I would of had to get ones made.

Hope that helps a little

Dave ----

What year is your truck?

I am pretty sure the line I ordered was for an 1984 as I needed the 2 hoses to fit a Sanden compressor of that year.

I also know the later year evap has different fittings for the dryer as the 84 dryer would not fit my 81 evap.

I was lucky that the 2 compressor hoses (for 84 truck) fit to condenser & dryer or I would of had to get ones made.

Hope that helps a little

Dave ----

I went ot autozone, and i dont know how the guy found it, but he did find a hose that looks like the one i need, he ordered it and is supposed to cme in tomorrow. we'll see

I went ot autozone, and i dont know how the guy found it, but he did find a hose that looks like the one i need, he ordered it and is supposed to cme in tomorrow. we'll see

There is what looks like an adapter where that line hooks up to the condinser, take that out, that is a one way flow valve that you dont need, it's a left over from the 60'sac_check_valve.jpg.1fbd91946777650db1cbaa97cb5ab985.jpgac_adapter_2.jpg.010f5a03e6082341538e70f4a900c160.jpg

The check valve went between the hose and the condinsor here circled in orange, the check valve is circled in green on the bench.

The hose will thread in in place of the check valve.

There is what looks like an adapter where that line hooks up to the condinser, take that out, that is a one way flow valve that you dont need, it's a left over from the 60's

The check valve went between the hose and the condinsor here circled in orange, the check valve is circled in green on the bench.

The hose will thread in in place of the check valve.

Great detail on the 'why and how' that the hose doesn't fit, Steve!

Thanks for sharing! 👍

Great detail on the 'why and how' that the hose doesn't fit, Steve!

Thanks for sharing! 👍

This is my new hose and old one. The new one doesn't have the adapter/valve but it fits.

IMG_40951.jpg.9218873cbb6db798f1c664d9185bb0c3.jpg

This might answer a question I have: Since I put my new system in it hisses and gurgles obnoxiously at shut down as it equalizes. I don't recall the factory system doing this. Is this because the valve is gone?

Mark

This is my new hose and old one. The new one doesn't have the adapter/valve but it fits.

This might answer a question I have: Since I put my new system in it hisses and gurgles obnoxiously at shut down as it equalizes. I don't recall the factory system doing this. Is this because the valve is gone?

Mark

Hopefully the one i ordered from autozone will fit, i hope it comes in tomorrow. it looks like it will. But my thing is this, i bought a new condenser and hoses, compresser, evap, everything. when i got the hose i called them and said it did not look right and they assured me it was, and there is no way it can connect without an adaptor. wish me luck

Hopefully the one i ordered from autozone will fit, i hope it comes in tomorrow. it looks like it will. But my thing is this, i bought a new condenser and hoses, compresser, evap, everything. when i got the hose i called them and said it did not look right and they assured me it was, and there is no way it can connect without an adaptor. wish me luck

- deleted -

George, hummer me for a minute, take the check valve out and see if the hose fits the fitting on the condenser.

I can't speak for George but perhaps he doesn't want to give you a hummer. Anyway, his new hose doesn't have the valve. Mine doesn't either but the fitting is definitely larger. Strange...

Mark

What year is your truck?

Hope that helps a little

Dave ----

Not to hijack but your 81 is dealer AC or factory AC?

My 82 is dealer with the York but been a hell of a time trying to find a drier for a '82 as everything is an accumulator.