Bullnose Forums

Brutus's Progress in pictures

I've done that already, speaks way louder then yelling

Oh, and gentleman, we cant forget the always looming flock of yaouttado birds. These are the folks that dont know the difference between a combination wrench and a double offset box wrench and cant tell the difference between a distrubiter cap and a hub cap. They stand in the corner sippin suds and they are always saying you know what ya outta do? Then when you hand them a part or a wrench, they ask whats this for.

Oh, and gentleman, we cant forget the always looming flock of yaouttado birds. These are the folks that dont know the difference between a combination wrench and a double offset box wrench and cant tell the difference between a distrubiter cap and a hub cap. They stand in the corner sippin suds and they are always saying you know what ya outta do? Then when you hand them a part or a wrench, they ask whats this for.

Steve; Classic!! i think you just did the perfect job in describing some former friends. The car guys, you know the ones....... Love it!!

Of course when you ask them to 'grab me a distributor wrench'.

They have NO idea what to reach for..

Dad didn't have all of those wrenches early on, just the open ends and box/opens, but over time he added a distributor wrench and a few crowfoot wrenches. So I grew up using them. However, in our little town in Kansas we might not have known what everyone else called them. But as the tool-fetcher I knew what he asked for and got to the point I could anticipate the request.

Dad didn't have all of those wrenches early on, just the open ends and box/opens, but over time he added a distributor wrench and a few crowfoot wrenches. So I grew up using them. However, in our little town in Kansas we might not have known what everyone else called them. But as the tool-fetcher I knew what he asked for and got to the point I could anticipate the request.

I bet you also had an oxy/acetylene torch, and knew how to use it!

Sometimes you just have to get creative. :nabble_smiley_whistling:

I bet you also had an oxy/acetylene torch, and knew how to use it!

Sometimes you just have to get creative. :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Actually, no we didn't have a torch. He did later after I left home.

But I have a few wrenches that I've "gotten creative" on. I have a Craftsman 13mm box/open that has the box turned 90 degrees to the shank. Don't remember what the need was, but it sure solved it.

And didn't I recently shave an open end down to get in a tight spot? :nabble_anim_confused:

Why would you need a dist. wrench on our trucks?

It is not like we have points that we change out and need to set dwell & timing.

And a lot of new motors no longer have dist.!

Dave ----

Actually, no we didn't have a torch. He did later after I left home.

But I have a few wrenches that I've "gotten creative" on. I have a Craftsman 13mm box/open that has the box turned 90 degrees to the shank. Don't remember what the need was, but it sure solved it.

And didn't I recently shave an open end down to get in a tight spot? :nabble_anim_confused:

I got your shaved and thinned 13mm Craftsman, RIGHT HERE!

IMG_20200902_195043.thumb.jpg.b7041b02ffb4e565ff00c1d15aba1acd.jpg