Bullnose Forums

Grill replacement

I guess I missed the memo.... :nabble_smiley_teeth:

So you're saying the early (no emblem) grille goes with the hood letters, and the later grille looks best with a naked hood?

(I'm autistic and take everything very literally)

I recall Rick showing Lucille with various combinations of factory grilles, hoods, and his 'custom' hood letters.

While I'm in the KISS camp, I'm also VERY much of a mind 'Make it yours'.

And as he showed it can be done tastefully.

So you're saying the early (no emblem) grille goes with the hood letters, and the later grille looks best with a naked hood?

I recall Rick showing Lucille with various combinations of factory grilles, hoods, and his 'custom' hood letters.

We also have chrome, argent and black (dark grey) grille options.

Each one of those really changes the look of the truck.

I am just saying from the factory the early (no emblem) grille had hood letters, and the later grille had a naked hood. :nabble_smiley_beam:

But can be interchanged if desired.

You are right - with the different primary and secondary colors on the bezels/grill it can really change the look of the front end.

I am just saying from the factory the early (no emblem) grille had hood letters, and the later grille had a naked hood. :nabble_smiley_beam:

But can be interchanged if desired.

You are right - with the different primary and secondary colors on the bezels/grill it can really change the look of the front end.

This goes with that and that goes with this, but that does not go with that.

Ok, I'm on your page now. :nabble_smiley_teeth:

Thanks, Chief! :nabble_smiley_good:

I *personally* think the earlier F O R D hood letters paired with the later grille with the Ford oval looks rather redundant. But I really dig the hood letters, so I came up with this:

G9a.thumb.jpg.4947fb04a7d0c5087d31f57712a749fd.jpg

These are actual FORD letters from a Ford Freestar Limited, and they are in the exact same font as the 1980/1981 Ford hood letters.

We also have chrome, argent and black (dark grey) grille options.

Each one of those really changes the look of the truck.

Ive always like the chrome and black look. Felt the chrome and argent was kind of redundant since the color blended in so well. The black really makes the chrome pop and stand out.

I also kind of like the whole grill as black as an option too without the chrome face. But not too sure how well that will look on my truck.

one I did at work the guy bought the parts and he mismatched and I felt it looked horrible. He had the chrome headlight buckets with the black insert trim but the grill he got was the chrome grill with argent trim. I felt the argent trim should have been black on the grill to compliment the headlight buckets but thats just me.