Bullnose Forums

84 F150 Brake light issues

Crixmix

The only thing I see common to Hazards & Stop rear, and not the turn signals is the 511 wire associated with the speed control on the right of the diagram.

Let me have a deeper look at this schematic, and see if I can be the electron..

Good point Jim.

Could remove the connectors from the speed control module and see if that has any impact on the light behavior.

Good point Jim.

Could remove the connectors from the speed control module and see if that has any impact on the light behavior.

If the T (between 'turn left' and 'turn right') is affected I think it has to be at the far right contact (below and after the d in hazard)

Or it is between that contact and the T itself.

It is that point where all these symptoms converge.

If the T (between 'turn left' and 'turn right') is affected I think it has to be at the far right contact (below and after the d in hazard)

Or it is between that contact and the T itself.

It is that point where all these symptoms converge.

Not so much 511 going off to the speed control.

If that were shorted, he would keep blowing #1 (15A) fuses.

• 6 months later...

Not so much 511 going off to the speed control.

If that were shorted, he would keep blowing #1 (15A) fuses.

Ok long time no respond. So i replaced the entire turn signal switch inside the column. My hazzards and brake lights worked. Then my brake light fuse kept blowing.It looks like the wheel was rubbing against a wire in the turn signal switch soooo i replaced it again. Now brake light fuse doesnt blow and everything works except!!! now my hazzards just stay solid on and dont flash? any idea how to fix this?

Ok long time no respond. So i replaced the entire turn signal switch inside the column. My hazzards and brake lights worked. Then my brake light fuse kept blowing.It looks like the wheel was rubbing against a wire in the turn signal switch soooo i replaced it again. Now brake light fuse doesnt blow and everything works except!!! now my hazzards just stay solid on and dont flash? any idea how to fix this?

Did you happen to put LEDs in? If so, they don't pull enough current to cause a regular flasher to blink.

Nope

No LED they flashed prior to second replacement of turn signal switch?

I'm lost. The circuit and bulbs are obviously good since the brake lights work. The only way I can see it not working is that you have a bad switch or a bad hazard flasher. But since you didn't touch the hazard flasher it isn't likely that. So that points to the switch being bad. :nabble_anim_confused:

I'm lost. The circuit and bulbs are obviously good since the brake lights work. The only way I can see it not working is that you have a bad switch or a bad hazard flasher. But since you didn't touch the hazard flasher it isn't likely that. So that points to the switch being bad. :nabble_anim_confused:

oh boy.

maybe third time will be a charm haha.

Did you keep the switch that had the bad wire? Can you put it back but protect the wire? Just for testing?

Little late but a flasher is cheap & easy to replace so would give that a try first.

If doing the switch just for testing he could just unplug the new from the harness and plug in the old for testing no?

This way he would not need to remove the wheel and sneak the wires up & down the column.

Also to get the wires up & down do they need to be removed from the hard plug then put back in the hard plug?

If so could you got 2 wires in the wrong slots?

Dave ----