Bullnose Forums

300 I6 Carburetor spacer

Well done! You two surely must be proud!

We had some issues with the back brakes. Drum brakes are just not either of our strong suit, i have no clue why, Nick can make the truck start by itself and I can make rusto paint outshine most custom jobs, yet springs confuse us, LOL. Been on light duty and off for the past 2 days with my neck back messed up again, but we did manage to get the brakes going strong and were able to get him up on the highway and he did great.

Really hard to tell at this point especially gas milage what he is going to end up doing with everything being gone. The most noticable thing at this point is his power. Brutus has always been slow, but it looks to me like at least the zero to 40 mph speeds have just about doubled

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had some issues with the back brakes. Drum brakes are just not either of our strong suit, i have no clue why, Nick can make the truck start by itself and I can make rusto paint outshine most custom jobs, yet springs confuse us, LOL. Been on light duty and off for the past 2 days with my neck back messed up again, but we did manage to get the brakes going strong and were able to get him up on the highway and he did great.

Really hard to tell at this point especially gas milage what he is going to end up doing with everything being gone. The most noticable thing at this point is his power. Brutus has always been slow, but it looks to me like at least the zero to 40 mph speeds have just about doubled

Did you get the brakes properly adjusted now, George?

I think I still have pics on my phone from when I had my drums off earlier this year.

The adjuster cables were hanging on by one strand.

Glad Brutus is doing better.

He will be a reliable DD while you sort the Ranchero and figure out what to do with the CV.

Did you get the brakes properly adjusted now, George?

I think I still have pics on my phone from when I had my drums off earlier this year.

The adjuster cables were hanging on by one strand.

Glad Brutus is doing better.

He will be a reliable DD while you sort the Ranchero and figure out what to do with the CV.

ours were to jim, hanging on and the adjusters were gone

Take it easy on your spine George.

The truck's not going anywhere.

And I think you mean 0-40 times have halved

0-40 speed is still 0-40 speed, unless you mean that you can get to 80 in your old 0-40 time.

Take it easy on your spine George.

The truck's not going anywhere.

And I think you mean 0-40 times have halved

0-40 speed is still 0-40 speed, unless you mean that you can get to 80 in your old 0-40 time.

our first ride

still cant figure out how to get the video preview up on here

ours were to jim, hanging on and the adjusters were gone

Where I see people have problems with drums is that they have the leading and trailing shoe incorrect.

I think Dave Grant (fuzzface) said one of his trucks had both long shoes on one side and both short shoes on the other! :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Where I see people have problems with drums is that they have the leading and trailing shoe incorrect.

I think Dave Grant (fuzzface) said one of his trucks had both long shoes on one side and both short shoes on the other! :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

our main problem was getting the adjuster lever ligned up with the adjuster. finally got it though, after the 3rd try, we took the whole thing apart again and for some reason, it just went together

:nabble_anim_jump: Wish I had more than 1 thumbs up to give for Brutus' first drive! :nabble_smiley_good: :nabble_smiley_good: :nabble_smiley_good:

Thank you, believe me, i didn't think we would ever get to this point.

Jim, hard to say what it is going to do between 40 and 80, haven't had the balls to do that yet. Want to make sure everything is doing well before any of that. I'm pretty sure it will probably do about the same as it always has, we never had any issues at highway speeds, it was always getting that slow pull monster up to speed which does not seam to be an issue anymore