Bullnose Forums

EGR tube connector

Cool

I did the freeze plug because I thought maybe coolant could make its way up to that point.

Because I use the EFI manifolds I run a water heat plate where the 2 manifolds bolted together.

So where the exh gases would be in the intake manifold I now have coolant.

Maybe I did not need to but better safe than sorry right LOL

You need to leave the EGR plate as a spacer to linkage and etc. line up.

I also left the valve bolted to the plate because I did not know at the time if I had to go thru an inspection and figured I could just hook a vacuum line to it to look like it worked :nabble_smiley_evil: But I don't have to.

Others have cut the plate to remove the EGR valve but left the "spacer" and filled the holes with JB Weld to finish it off.

Many ways to go about the EGR issue LOL

Dave ----

Dave how long have you been running like this? I did the stuff to Brutus about 10 years ago

Dave how long have you been running like this? I did the stuff to Brutus about 10 years ago

I forgot something. once we got the truck started yesterday. remember, the pipe is not connected, and all the other stuff has been gone. for some reason i decided to grab the back of the egr valve and squeeze it and the engine killed. i'm thinking by me doing this, i sucked to much air into the carb

I forgot something. once we got the truck started yesterday. remember, the pipe is not connected, and all the other stuff has been gone. for some reason i decided to grab the back of the egr valve and squeeze it and the engine killed. i'm thinking by me doing this, i sucked to much air into the carb

That's highly likely.

Many members have issues where their trucks stall at idle if their EGR is opening -or- stuck open-.

I have only had the truck on the road since Nov. of 2019.

When I bought the truck (Nov 2015) I did a vary short test drive loaded it on the trailer, not safe to drive home so went back for it. When I got it home made sure the miss the motor had was not a motor rebuild and when I found it was good pulled the truck apart for the cab off frame rebuild.

I had 1 test drive around the block, 3 miles, that was a failure lost brakes & clutch linkage broke.

Got them fixed by next weekend and the test drive was 30 miles 1 way to work for a car show.

Truck sat a few weeks till I got plates and that is when I started driving & started hearing the marbles and made adjustments to stop it.

I was driving the truck almost non-stop up till it got to hot, no AC at the time.

Now that I have the AC working I will be driving and enjoying it more.

Dave ----

Really you could just back off a degree or two of initial timing.

I know I have my truck on the ragged edge with 89 octane. Some stations it's ok, others it knocks.

Why do you say you can't fit a DuraSpark distributor?

Plenty of 300's came with DSII.

It's all back together now and purring like Eartha Kitt grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

20200816_174833.jpg.1b5a7dfc2a4ead2111b2715085cc184c.jpg

20200816_174846.jpg.3c77b242306b97bb00ca9487c3104774.jpg

Gary - if you want to file a picture for Brutus, it's in section 96. Ford, in their infinite wisdom, put the EGR tube in the thermactor illustration!

Sounds like Mercedes, put the front damping mount for the 4 cyl Diesels on the 115 chassis in the front suspension section.

It's all emissions systems blowing something into the engine, right???? :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Myrl I looked and see nothing like it. Not sure if you read any of he other posts, but it appears the egr in Brutus has been gone for some 10 years now, i didn't realize until i started talking about it on here, and talking with Nick. shen i redid the vacuum i got rid of all the solenoids and the egr was never connected. I rebuilt the yfa and actually gained a few mpg. That truck always got 11 no matter ac, not matter what. it gets about 13 now. i cut the pipe off the carb plate and am getting a different carb spacer. Cant see any reason to connect any of it back, it hasn't been working in 10 years and the engine actually runs better, i can even use low 87 octane fuel with knock and ping ( although i dont ) but sometimes you have to do what you have to do. Thanks so much for trying to find it