Bullnose Forums

Alternator shim

Can you post a pic?

Id be interested in seeing a pic also. Only changes Ive seen having to be made is hammering the tensioner bracket flat as the ear is thicker on the alternator but havent heard anyone talk about the tensioner bracket being too far away from the alternator.

Can you post a pic?

Man between the shunt and bypassing it and finding the right "bolt in" ALT is why I would think of staying with the 1G ALT I have if it ever gives out.

I know some place I do have a list of the parts needed to do this swap on my truck just don't remember where it is right now.

Dave ----

Man between the shunt and bypassing it and finding the right "bolt in" ALT is why I would think of staying with the 1G ALT I have if it ever gives out.

I know some place I do have a list of the parts needed to do this swap on my truck just don't remember where it is right now.

Dave ----

I usually just tap the 8x1.25 ear to 3/8-16 and use the old bolt.

Dave ----

Ive made that list about 8 times now I keep losing them. Finally I made the last list and typed it out as a word document and saved it on my external hard drive in the folder for my truck.

Id be interested in seeing a pic also. Only changes Ive seen having to be made is hammering the tensioner bracket flat as the ear is thicker on the alternator but havent heard anyone talk about the tensioner bracket being too far away from the alternator.

False alarm. It fits perfect. Bolts right on :)

I think I had it situated a little wonky when I was testing the belt attachment. I do think a long belt will do me well for more wrap.