Bullnose Forums

1986 F350/460 ambulance reprovision

Westerj

Just took a look. There is an adapter into exhaust... then the spider has a threaded connection into that. All look really rusty. The back ones look pretty well concealed.

A least a line wrench.. and pb blaster... maybe

Cut em off and a deep dish socket... depends if i can

Get em off without too much trauma.

Here are a few pics of the console

What does the knob say?

"Stop engine before engaging ????"

Is that throttle up for a PTO or something??

I used an oxy/acetylene torch and a crows foot line wrench on enough extension to reach them.They all came out leaving clean threads (clean enough to plug)Let me go see if I can find that bag.
Crows foot line wrench. Dang. Did you take off  tube nut, and leave adapter in manifold,  or put plug into manifold?

Ty

On Wed, Aug 19, 2020, 11:45 PM ArdWrknTrk [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

I'll take a picture for you tomorrow.

I needed some line wrenches for other things (like the steering box) so I got a cheap set.

I think they're Performance Tool or another Taiwanese company. No complaints... and I'm not easy on tools.

I don't deliberately abuse them.

I did have those fittings cherry before I put a wrench to them.

Did the truck have a throttle up?

A lot of them did because at idle and all the lights on, AC, etc. it would kill the batteries other wise.

That is a real rats nest in there LOL

Dave ----

That's why I asked.

It looks VERY similar.

I don't see any rats nest. (I think he's taken care of that! :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:)

But I do see a beautiful bowl of electron spaghetti!

Did the truck have a throttle up?A lot of them did because at idle and all the lights on, AC, etc. it would kill the batteries other wise.That is a real rats nest in there LOLDave ----
Interesting.... Don't know about the switch for throttle up, but did see cruise control linkage disconnected ... suspect alt burned out replaced with 60A unit .. Did 3 wire Alternator handle the low RPM current better than a 1 wire setup?

The AC compressor seems oversized for cooling the ambulance box... guessing?  What's the preferred source for ac refrigerant lines? Parts store or just have em fabbed up by hose shop?   Likely switch to current refrigerant?   What's also typically replaced during a catastrophic disassembly (open lines for a day)? Was it the drier gets renewed?  

On Thu, Aug 20, 2020, 11:17 AM FuzzFace2 [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote: