Bullnose Forums

1986 F350/460 ambulance reprovision

Westerj

Drivers side hosed out too.

That's great, to see there's not a lot of rust and rot in there! :nabble_smiley_good:

You're doing a great job evicting the squatters from your truck.

I hope I'm being helpful.

Do you find the traps are missing bait?

Are you finding droppings anywhere?

(These are regular wooden Victor traps?)

That's great, to see there's not a lot of rust and rot in there! :nabble_smiley_good:

You're doing a great job evicting the squatters from your truck.

I hope I'm being helpful.

Do you find the traps are missing bait?

Are you finding droppings anywhere?

(These are regular wooden Victor traps?)

So others know what we are talking of "duck bills" here you can see it just in front of the lower door hinge.

20160426_174839.jpg.b85f190c5a4fd396a7d492f2fca6238f.jpg

I left mine in place as I don't park my truck under anything.

It is either in the house garage (most of the time), my garage and if I take it to work parked in an open parking lot. Also not a lot of trees to drop crap on the truck when on the high way.

Dave ----

So others know what we are talking of "duck bills" here you can see it just in front of the lower door hinge.

I left mine in place as I don't park my truck under anything.

It is either in the house garage (most of the time), my garage and if I take it to work parked in an open parking lot. Also not a lot of trees to drop crap on the truck when on the high way.

Dave ----

"duck bills" is the MUCH more polite euphemism that I've heard for these things! :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Good pic Dave!

Thanks. :nabble_anim_handshake:

That's great, to see there's not a lot of rust and rot in there! :nabble_smiley_good:You're doing a great job evicting the squatters from your truck.I hope I'm being helpful.Do you find the traps are missing bait?Are you finding droppings anywhere?(These are regular wooden Victor traps?)
Thanks for your insight into where to look.  Invaluable.. would have rusted out in short order. 

Next bit... is this the standard compressor? with thermactor deleted,  need new fan belt, crank, warer pump, compressor, I'd guess?  Didn't see any tags on the compressor.

Thanks to you all for enduring help.  

Are there any shop vac accessible ports pn driver side??

Finally,  for google searches, what do you search with for the 7th generation ( 81 to 86 was it?? )?  

"Cowl vent " +"7th generation" +ford

Something like that.?

On Sat, Aug 22, 2020, 12:51 PM ArdWrknTrk [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

20200821_231936.thumb.jpg.09814d7d85f3f8f76ec20701df3f8f3e.jpg20200821_231921.thumb.jpg.f30f838548232d2ce55ab3eb45dae0d9.jpg

"duck bills" is the MUCH more polite euphemism that I've heard for these things! :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Good pic Dave!

Thanks. :nabble_anim_handshake:

THe duck bill are pretty stiff and unlikely to ever pass a single leaf out... ANyhow..the hose was the trick if anyone is going to try. The plates ( to the right of passengers feet and left of drivers feet ) had to be pried off, but was all thats required to flush.. The organic junk blows out the Duckbill inspired by Water pressure. tomorrow is the cowl removal, then putting it all back together. guess I'll leave the duck bills in place.

THe duck bill are pretty stiff and unlikely to ever pass a single leaf out... ANyhow..the hose was the trick if anyone is going to try. The plates ( to the right of passengers feet and left of drivers feet ) had to be pried off, but was all thats required to flush.. The organic junk blows out the Duckbill inspired by Water pressure. tomorrow is the cowl removal, then putting it all back together. guess I'll leave the duck bills in place.

The drains were never meant to pass debris.

That's why I got rid of them.

Be sure to caulk those panels back into the kicks, and you might want to check the sealant inside while you're in there.

Even a tiny leak between layers of steel can cause terminal corrosion.

Put a bead of non-hardening sealant (and seal the screws too) before you close them up.

Otherwise you'll have soggy floors every time it rains.

Be sure to caulk those panels back into the kicks, and you might want to check the sealant inside while you're in there.

Put a bead of non-hardening sealant (and seal the screws too) before you close them up.

And what do you do if you have a non-AC truck that don't have them metal plates as that is were the air comes in to vent the cab?

Yes I did have water come in when driving the truck during a heavy rain.

It was before I had working AC and had to have the vents open, windows cracked and defrost on to clear the windshield.

Dave ----

And what do you do if you have a non-AC truck that don't have them metal plates as that is were the air comes in to vent the cab?

Yes I did have water come in when driving the truck during a heavy rain.

It was before I had working AC and had to have the vents open, windows cracked and defrost on to clear the windshield.

Dave ----

Those manual vents have a trough on the top to redirect the water so it's not running against the bottom lip like it does with the flat close-off panels. If they are leaking I would check the sealing gasket otherwise it may be unavoidable. Combine air coming in with water passing over and around the opening and it's very likely there will be some moisture making its way in. But that should be through the vents and not around it.