Bullnose Forums

1986 F350/460 ambulance reprovision

Westerj

Learn something new (and something to be avoided :nabble_face-with-open-mouth-vomiting-23x23_orig:) everyday.

What about this, Scott? :nabble_face-with-open-mouth-vomiting-23x23_orig:

Black Ivory Coffee is a brand of coffee produced by the Black Ivory Coffee Company Ltd in northern Thailand from Arabica coffee beans consumed by elephants and collected from their waste. The taste of Black Ivory coffee is influenced by elephants' digestive enzymes, which breaks down the coffee's protein. Oct 18 2019

https://www.amazon.com/Black-Ivory-Coffee-Expensive-Naturally/dp/B01KOZ1YV4

That's a new one also (had heard similar about some jungle cats awhile back).

I would say I have a never-before-realized stance against anything that has its taste enhanced by an animals saliva or digestive enzymes but I guess you can't knock it 'til you try it.

People look for the other smog parts but I haven't seen many requests for the manifolds themselves. Never know - might be a market for the nests :nabble_smiley_beam:

Scott, I think he is talking about the stainless steel thermactor 'spiders' that attach to the manifolds.

Which reminds me, I promised to go get the bag with the remaining two (of 10) plugs, to find the NAPA number...

That's a new one also (had heard similar about some jungle cats awhile back).

I would say I have a never-before-realized stance against anything that has its taste enhanced by an animals saliva or digestive enzymes but I guess you can't knock it 'til you try it.

Ha!

We must have bewen posting at the same time. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

heard of birds nest soup? Maybe Mouse-nest soup?

Mouse nest tea?

You can steep that urine soaked wad of nesting material for a delicious and invigorating afternoon pick-me-up!

:nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Thank You Jim I am a tea drinker and you just turned me off to it :nabble_face-with-open-mouth-vomiting-23x23_orig:

:nabble_anim_handshake:JK

Dave ----

Scott, I think he is talking about the stainless steel thermactor 'spiders' that attach to the manifolds.

Which reminds me, I promised to go get the bag with the remaining two (of 10) plugs, to find the NAPA number...

Yep, no stranger to those spider legs. They can be a real bear to get out with the engine still in the truck.

The exhaust manifold ones are threaded.

I never tried to plug mine as I went to headers but having that part number for the plugs will be handy.

I added the part about the back of the heads since that typically follows in the de-smogging process :nabble_smiley_beam:

There's coffee from civet cat stool too, but since these felines have been indicated as the source of other epidemics popularity has dropped off.

Yes, I've tried it.

No I wasn't particularly impressed.

Just took a look. There is an adapter into exhaust... then the spider has a threaded connection into that. All look really rusty. The back ones look pretty well concealed.

A least a line wrench.. and pb blaster... maybe

Cut em off and a deep dish socket... depends if i can

Get em off without too much trauma.

Here are a few pics of the console

20200819_214936.jpg.932d3b0173fc87da247237ddefce0098.jpg

20200819_214946.jpg.69b1ac1d06aac41c7d760d466f081d58.jpg

20200819_214959.jpg.0f396fd5c373feae215078de97c3e42f.jpg

Just took a look. There is an adapter into exhaust... then the spider has a threaded connection into that. All look really rusty. The back ones look pretty well concealed.

A least a line wrench.. and pb blaster... maybe

Cut em off and a deep dish socket... depends if i can

Get em off without too much trauma.

Here are a few pics of the console

I used an oxy/acetylene torch and a crows foot line wrench on enough extension to reach them.

They all came out leaving clean threads (clean enough to plug)

Let me go see if I can find that bag.