Bullnose Forums

Hvac controls.

Well I tore the bronco2 dash apart before jumping into my paying work today... the panel mounts on the ends like I think the 87-91 bricknose trucks mount. It is also physically to wide to fit the dash space where the bull nose panel sits, but I am not opposed to the light modification probably required to make it fit.

E47h 19808 aa

I took a walk over to the 1991 parts truck and the b2 control would bolt right in...

As much as I like the bull nose interior I can see an advantage or 2 to brick nose interiors...

Realistically the b2 had some great features I wish the full size trucks had... the 84 came with 2 dash mounted speakers under a steel removable panels ay either end of the dash and only a small vinyl pad... hvac controls where superior (in my opinion), the tilt mechinism was out past the key tumbler so there where no issues related to starting from the tilt... key tumbler was removable without removing the steering wheel.

I wonder now if the column itself could be swapped in. Perhaps I will have to pull that out and check into it when I get more free time.

For now though, it looks like without serious modification (or perhaps a different year truck 78-79 cable operated controlled?) I will be stuck with vacuum operation... I will dig it this deeper after I get done with work today. See if I can find any images of the older trucks parts, or maybe vans, or maybe some other ford, Lincoln, Mercury of the era. I was just a really big fan of this setup.

Or maybe go bullnose sheetmetal/brick nose interior in the future? More to follow later.

I can't find E47h 19808 aa in the cross-ref. Not saying it isn't there as it should be, but I can't find it. However, I did send Bill/Numberdummy a note. Maybe he can help.

I can't find E47h 19808 aa in the cross-ref. Not saying it isn't there as it should be, but I can't find it. However, I did send Bill/Numberdummy a note. Maybe he can help.

I found this, but it is listed as: E87H-19808-AA. It is listed as being for Bronco 11 and Ranger.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/87-88-Ford-Bronco-II-Ranger-Truck-Heater-Control-W-AC-OEM-PART-E87H-19808-AA-/202807759656

Here is a picture of the control unit. I only have seen it in the Bronco I owned several years ago. I didn't realize at the time it was particularly special. I know my brothers bronco (a similar year) didn't have this control setup and was a vacuum operated selector. That bronco has been gone several years, but as soon as I got a different full size ford I missed the control. It gave me the ability to vent or recirculated air in any position, plus completely control when the ac compressor would run.

Blow cold air at your feet if you so choose even with or without outside air.

At the time I had thought maybe it was a dealer installed ac system to use cables already in the dash with a possible heat only system, but I never researched it then. Google doesn't turn up much information either. I do know the control unit is "similar" (the same?) on the dash front as the controls in my 1984 bronco2. The 88 fullsize had that "similar" unit. Perhaps I need to look at how the cable ends mount on the B2 hvac box to determine if the parts could interchange onto my big bronco in place of the vacuum stuff.

I guess I need to get under the hood of the parts B2 and take pictures to compare.

I was hoping it was some common knowledge for someone here.

When the rain stops I will try to see if any useful observation can come from the b2...

Looks like my '87, but I don't have the AC button.

IMG_20200730_205634.jpg.06a55526baac599ad989da8e11e795a5.jpg

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n68737/IMG_20200730_205634.jpg

What does the underdash portion of your 87 truck look like, specifically the cable end conections? I have been trying to find pictures of the cable ends where they mount like a vacuum motor would mount. I am guessing they have some brackets that screw down and you could interchange vacuum motor for this setup...

If it isn't too much troube see if you can grab a few of those images please, I would imagine snapping a picture of the outside air blend door actuator would be pretty easy to get a picture of under the hood. It would be much appreciated.

Also, after going through Steve83's supermotors site I found an interesting diagram.

acboxin8788-1.thumb.jpg.8ebaecdd4955bb4fba1e236526c5d501.jpg

I am definitely adding these parts to the must be included in final incarnation of my bronco/truck project. I would be willing to swap the whole dash out to bricknose if required to gain this set of controls, but perhaps they can be mounted into the bullnose dash.

Research continues.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n68737/IMG_20200730_205634.jpg

What does the underdash portion of your 87 truck look like, specifically the cable end conections? I have been trying to find pictures of the cable ends where they mount like a vacuum motor would mount. I am guessing they have some brackets that screw down and you could interchange vacuum motor for this setup...

If it isn't too much troube see if you can grab a few of those images please, I would imagine snapping a picture of the outside air blend door actuator would be pretty easy to get a picture of under the hood. It would be much appreciated.

Also, after going through Steve83's supermotors site I found an interesting diagram.

I am definitely adding these parts to the must be included in final incarnation of my bronco/truck project. I would be willing to swap the whole dash out to bricknose if required to gain this set of controls, but perhaps they can be mounted into the bullnose dash.

Research continues.

I did get a response back from Bill/Numberdummy this morning. After a misunderstanding as to what the question was, I posted:

Thanks, but the question is whether there was an all-cable, meaning no vacuum, version of the factory-installed A/C controls for the 1987 Broncos.

We aren't looking for the cables, but to understand if there was such a control system.

To which he said:

No all cable system...

So, I don't know what's going on. But I'm interested and following along.

Also, it looks like "100%" worked nicely. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Technically, I cheated... I just downloaded the image at a resolution I liked and the uploaded it. I did mention where it came from though. It made it easy to zoom in and look at even on my small phone screen.

Technically, I cheated... I just downloaded the image at a resolution I liked and the uploaded it. I did mention where it came from though. It made it easy to zoom in and look at even on my small phone screen.

The only thing I see or don't see is if you have 2 tanks or Bronco rear window, where does the switch go?

Was it placed somewhere else and if so where / how?

Dave ----

The only thing I see or don't see is if you have 2 tanks or Bronco rear window, where does the switch go?

Was it placed somewhere else and if so where / how?

Dave ----

My bronco is unique...

I got fed up with the power window issue recently and converted to a rear manual window. While a little unorthodox, I am very pleased with the change. The lack of that switch is no issue for me. I may have interest in figuring out a control switch for a rear heat/ac fan (if I ever get that far down the to do list that I install a rear unit...), but I believe some use of relays could accomplish the same result with the rear fan slaved to the front fan. Maybe with a high speed fan override for the rear to run the on high regardless of front setting.

My bronco is unique...

I got fed up with the power window issue recently and converted to a rear manual window. While a little unorthodox, I am very pleased with the change. The lack of that switch is no issue for me. I may have interest in figuring out a control switch for a rear heat/ac fan (if I ever get that far down the to do list that I install a rear unit...), but I believe some use of relays could accomplish the same result with the rear fan slaved to the front fan. Maybe with a high speed fan override for the rear to run the on high regardless of front setting.

Could you use the wiring for the rear window to run the fan and just install a 2nd rear fan switch.

My 02 Durango has a front / rear HVAC. I can control the rear system from the front and then switch the front to rear control and there is a control panel in the top panel just above my head that they can use if they want.

IIRC my 73 Toyota LC had a rear heater / fan and the fan switch was on the dash. I cant remember if it was 1 speed or more as its been to long ago.

Dave ----