Bullnose Forums

1980 F150 4x4 Flareside Project

Rembrant

I think it would bridge those little holes all by itself, and never come off or crack.

Ok, cool. Do I need to buy a special applicator/gun to dispense this stuff?

So I'd tamp the edges down and grind smooth to bare metal, and then apply the panel bonder right on top of that? Then what?...add in the steps please...with sand paper/grits, etc.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would bridge those little holes all by itself, and never come off or crack.

So I'd tamp the edges down and grind smooth to bare metal, and then apply the panel bonder right on top of that? Then what?...add in the steps please...with sand paper/grits, etc.

I don't know anything about sanding it, but I used SEM adhesive and had to borrow an applicator. It is a 2-part and the applicator mixes them. So you need to be ready to go as it'll set up in the mixer when you are done. Or, it did on me.

Yes.

And the gun is expensive.

If you have parts getting painted you might ask them what brand they use (3M, etc) because I don't know about availability in Nova Scotia.

You don't need a 3M $$$ gun, just one that fits the cartridges you choose.

I would grind first, then knock it down.

It's hard to grind a random shaped recess.

Fill on clean bare metal.

The bonder has a consistency thicker than ketchup and thinner than peanut butter.

You can work it without too much slump.

Cut it back with 60 then use a non-shrink glazing putty like 'Icing', a brand of pourable polyester glazing.

Block sand, prime and paint.

Yes.

And the gun is expensive.

If you have parts getting painted you might ask them what brand they use (3M, etc) because I don't know about availability in Nova Scotia.

You don't need a 3M $$$ gun, just one that fits the cartridges you choose.

I would grind first, then knock it down.

It's hard to grind a random shaped recess.

Fill on clean bare metal.

The bonder has a consistency thicker than ketchup and thinner than peanut butter.

You can work it without too much slump.

Cut it back with 60 then use a non-shrink glazing putty like 'Icing', a brand of pourable polyester glazing.

Block sand, prime and paint.

Thanks Jim. I'll check local availability and see what I can come up with.