Bullnose Forums

1980 F150 4x4 Flareside Project

Rembrant

:nabble_anim_claps: Nice job

I bet once you start driving it you wont go back to the other truck :nabble_smiley_evil:

when I first got my truck running again the oil gauge did not read either :nabble_anim_confused: but I did not hear any lifters making noise so I let it run.

With testing mine was a bad sender.

You got brakes on that bad boy so you can take it for a parking lot spin?

Dave ----

Ha! No brakes, no booster, no master, no lines! Also no driveshaft, and no hydraulic clutch line!

I'm going to get the hydraulic clutch working tomorrow and stick the drive shaft in it so I can move it around inside the shop.

Congrat's!!! That is SUCH a GOOD feeling!!!

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, sounded good, looked good too! Wasn’t shaking.

It spit and shook a bit on the very first start, but then smoothed out pretty quick. I suppose it took a minute to pump up all the stuck lifters so they'd start smackin' the valves and loosen them up...ha.

It did smoke a little bit after a few minutes, but not serious...certainly not for an old engine in a truck that was dragged out of the weeds. I think running it a little bit would make a difference too.

That’s great for the life it’s had!

Man, sounded good, looked good too! Wasn’t shaking.

It spit and shook a bit on the very first start, but then smoothed out pretty quick. I suppose it took a minute to pump up all the stuck lifters so they'd start smackin' the valves and loosen them up...ha.

It did smoke a little bit after a few minutes, but not serious...certainly not for an old engine in a truck that was dragged out of the weeds. I think running it a little bit would make a difference too.

That’s great for the life it’s had!

Congrats Cory! So glad to see the truck given new life!

Congrats Cory! So glad to see the truck given new life!

Thanks Shaun. It has been a stupid amount of work but it’s finally starting to feel like something LOL. Got the bumper and hood on today, as well as some other odds and ends.

567D7966-CE05-46F5-8EF5-3799734535EE.jpeg.18b4ee2680ae33f25fb895fbe7c1f8cc.jpeg

So next weekend I’m going to get the clutch hydraulic line installed and get that all bled and working. Install new brake master and booster, and then I’m back to grinding, scraping, welding, and painting the back half of the frame.

2D1D9D8D-82C6-4BF6-8163-E33D1D06EF52.jpeg.cec141dad1605f89ef01f7a043c67679.jpeg

Thanks Shaun. It has been a stupid amount of work but it’s finally starting to feel like something LOL. Got the bumper and hood on today, as well as some other odds and ends.

So next weekend I’m going to get the clutch hydraulic line installed and get that all bled and working. Install new brake master and booster, and then I’m back to grinding, scraping, welding, and painting the back half of the frame.

Looking great, Cory! It looks like it is ready to drive. And you will be, soon. :nabble_anim_claps:

The truck looks great Cory! 👍

The back half seems a lot less complicated than the front, and you have more access.

Maybe less laying in a rain of rust?

Anyway, it's great the engine seems smooth.

One more bridge crossed.

Coming together nicely Cory!:nabble_smiley_good: Congrats on getting it running without issues. Hope you had help with the hood? That would be a pain as a one-man job...

Hope you had help with the hood? That would be a pain as a one-man job...

I did, yes. A friend of mine dropped by to help me with the hood. I've done them by myself before, and it's not the easiest thing in the world lol. I might have tried it myself again but I'm still healing from from surgery a month ago and not really supposed to lift anything too heavy.

The hood is on, but it still needs some alignment work. I don't know if it is the core support or the fenders, but it's not sitting quite right at the moment. I got it so it will open and close OK, but it still needs to be adjusted. I'll get at that next weekend among other things;).

The back half seems a lot less complicated than the front, and you have more access.

The back half is easier, yes. For one thing it's not covered in black engine oil, black power steering fluid, and other globs of engine bay slime. I still have 19 more rivets to drill out and remove, but they go pretty quickly. They don't bother me much anymore. I have already needle scaled most of it, so now I need to remove the spring hangers and shock mounts...then rust treatment, and then some welding to do. Paint black, and reassemble. The truck is almost ready to move under its own power, but I still need to run brake lines and install a fuel tank, and I need to get the frame finished before I can do that.

The back half is easier, yes. For one thing it's not covered in black engine oil, black power steering fluid, and other globs of engine bay slime. I still have 19 more rivets to drill out and remove, but they go pretty quickly. They don't bother me much anymore. I have already needle scaled most of it, so now I need to remove the spring hangers and shock mounts...then rust treatment, and then some welding to do. Paint black, and reassemble. The truck is almost ready to move under its own power, but I still need to run brake lines and install a fuel tank, and I need to get the frame finished before I can do that.

Looking good 👍

I did my hood by myself, hung it from the garage rafters and drove the truck under it LOL

You don't need a tank to move it. That can on the fender worked great for me as I did not want gas sitting in the tanks not knowing when the truck would be on the road and it going bad.

Dave. ----