Bullnose Forums

1980 F150 4x4 Flareside Project

Rembrant

Seems like a great solution Cory! :nabble_smiley_good:

It looks great now, no need to think about it once there is a truck surrounding it.

Thanks Jim! This old rust bucket has been keeping me plenty busy. I bought the big 10lb? roll of Mig wire a few years ago thinking it would last me a lifetime...lol. With this truck, I don't know about that...lol. Still, I'm having some fun with it. I was in the mood to build and fabricate...well, I'm getting my fill with this thing.

Should have gotten the larger tank of gas at the same time :nabble_smiley_evil:

Doing a great job, love the front horns its got my wheels turning and right now that's not a good thing LOL

Dave ----

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like a great solution Cory! :nabble_smiley_good:

It looks great now, no need to think about it once there is a truck surrounding it.

Thanks Jim! This old rust bucket has been keeping me plenty busy. I bought the big 10lb? roll of Mig wire a few years ago thinking it would last me a lifetime...lol. With this truck, I don't know about that...lol. Still, I'm having some fun with it. I was in the mood to build and fabricate...well, I'm getting my fill with this thing.

Well that’s it for another weekend early shift. Did some work to the bottom of the cab and then set it on the frame. I feel like I accomplished a lot but I still have so much work to do ugh lol. Tried this from iPhone earlier and had trouble so I’m taking another stab at it now...

BFF11744-763F-4F0E-87C1-09A2CC36161C.jpeg.01044d996b3a77ec02b158bd6e4d6c0e.jpeg

403831CF-4645-4DD1-9CD0-EEFFE6F736B3.jpeg.6380e571a005140c3a140a3a00601679.jpeg

70B08099-8D67-471C-B226-AD49F2C30901.jpeg.d3333cc01da8f77b5040a6c2f67de3c2.jpeg

Well that’s it for another weekend early shift. Did some work to the bottom of the cab and then set it on the frame. I feel like I accomplished a lot but I still have so much work to do ugh lol. Tried this from iPhone earlier and had trouble so I’m taking another stab at it now...

Looks great and and to echo everyone else - so do the horns!

I am sure you've mentioned it before but what's the story on the shop? That thing is roomy and well equipped. Love that rolling gantry.:nabble_smiley_happy:

Looks great and and to echo everyone else - so do the horns!

I am sure you've mentioned it before but what's the story on the shop? That thing is roomy and well equipped. Love that rolling gantry.:nabble_smiley_happy:

Thanks Scott.:nabble_smiley_good:

That is the shop at my work. Since I manage the shop the owner is kind enough to let me use it for my rusty junk projects lol. It’s a wonderful perk of my employment there. I can make a big mess there lol, and the lifting equipment is very handy.

Business is a little quiet at the moment, but if something comes up and we get busy or take on a project, I’ll have to get my stuff out of the way ASAP.

Thanks Scott.:nabble_smiley_good:

That is the shop at my work. Since I manage the shop the owner is kind enough to let me use it for my rusty junk projects lol. It’s a wonderful perk of my employment there. I can make a big mess there lol, and the lifting equipment is very handy.

Business is a little quiet at the moment, but if something comes up and we get busy or take on a project, I’ll have to get my stuff out of the way ASAP.

That is a great perk for sure!

Looking good, Cory! Yes, lots of work to do, but just take it one step at a time and it'll get done. (I'm preaching to me, too. :nabble_smiley_wink:)

Looking good, Cory! Yes, lots of work to do, but just take it one step at a time and it'll get done. (I'm preaching to me, too. :nabble_smiley_wink:)

Gary,

I was looking through the interior of this old 1980 this evening, and I don't believe that I've ever seen a Bullnose with a black center/radio bezel with a clock before. I've seen lots of clocks, but always in the woodgrain bezels. Maybe I'm just not used to the earlier black bezels.

Too bad it has been all chopped up. I have a nice black one from an '83, but it's not a Custom and has no cutout for the clock. I wonder how difficult it will be to find a replacement that is the same...

IMG_3021.jpg.7b261bcaeb92cf3541c591fae1b373be.jpg

Also, something else I noticed that was new to me...the instrument bezel. I know the 1980 ones are different because of the turn signal indicator locations, but I noticed that there was no 4x4 indicator on the far right, and nothing in the far left indicator slot either. Was this a 1980 only thing? This is also new to me.

Gary,

I was looking through the interior of this old 1980 this evening, and I don't believe that I've ever seen a Bullnose with a black center/radio bezel with a clock before. I've seen lots of clocks, but always in the woodgrain bezels. Maybe I'm just not used to the earlier black bezels.

Too bad it has been all chopped up. I have a nice black one from an '83, but it's not a Custom and has no cutout for the clock. I wonder how difficult it will be to find a replacement that is the same...

Also, something else I noticed that was new to me...the instrument bezel. I know the 1980 ones are different because of the turn signal indicator locations, but I noticed that there was no 4x4 indicator on the far right, and nothing in the far left indicator slot either. Was this a 1980 only thing? This is also new to me.

Somebody was looking for a Custom bezel on here the other day, and he mentioned how he wasn't having any luck. I took a look on Ebay and sure enough, there were only two options, both high prices. I remember stumbling over them all the time just a few months ago, so they must be in a dry spell right now.

Gary,

Never thought about it but I don't think I've seen a black one with a clock either. Guess not many with the custom sprung for the clock upgrade :nabble_smiley_beam:

Just ran out and checked on my 80 and it looks like the outmost slots are blank also. It's a little dusty so would have to loosen it and shine a light from behind to be 100% sure.

I'll bet Gary has the definitive answer on both :nabble_smiley_good:

Never thought about it but I don't think I've seen a black one with a clock either. Guess not many with the custom sprung for the clock upgrade :nabble_smiley_beam:

Just ran out and checked on my 80 and it looks like the outmost slots are blank also. It's a little dusty so would have to loosen it and shine a light from behind to be 100% sure.

I'll bet Gary has the definitive answer on both :nabble_smiley_good:

Technically black bezels with clock cutouts existed. But I doubt many people added a clock to a base model truck. And I don't think I've ever seen one either.

As for the outer slots, I don't know the answer to that question. I'll have to check the 1980 EVTM tomorrow to see if/ the 4wd indicator was used then.

9232054.thumb.jpg.485c16d6ca20f43da19feed2de17e535.jpg