Bullnose Forums

Our 86 1/2 F150 Doing everything ourself

Dave What exactly is a flare side?

The flare side has rear fenders on the bed

20200227_161133.jpg.b62f8b3a30c3c24acd27689618b84513.jpg

You have what Ford calls a style side, you used the chevy name IIRC and the chevy name for a bed like mine is step side.

Factory AC and rebuilding it that is cool. I am using a newer compressor with an older evap and playing with hoses & dryers to get everything to play nice. Thing is the motor did not have AC on it so I am at a lost on belts / pulleys.

I have a question if you can on how the compressor belt gets run around what pulleys and how many My issue is the compressor belt does not line up with any of the groves on my water pump, crank or PS & grooves the pulleys have?

ALT.

Maybe start with the crank pulley with number of grooves, water pump & grooves, PS grooves and ALT grooves. Then what belt runs in what grooves.

I think if there is a bolt on pulley for the crank and find the right one for the water pump I might be good but I don't know what the factory set up was like on the belts.

Thank you for any help you can give and no rush the truck is not my DD, to hot with no AC LOL

Dave ----

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you mean step side?

Uh oh! A newbie! :nabble_smiley_evil:

Seriously though, Stepside is a registered Chevy name. Flareside is the equivalent Ford term. And Fleetside is another Chevy term, the Ford of which is Styleside. :nabble_smiley_wink:

As for electronics, we can use all the help we can get. And if Nick can mod a factory radio to have Bluetooth there may be a lot of us interested.

And now you are on the map. :nabble_smiley_good:

do you mean step side?

Uh oh! A newbie! :nabble_smiley_evil:

Seriously though, Stepside is a registered Chevy name. Flareside is the equivalent Ford term. And Fleetside is another Chevy term, the Ford of which is Styleside. :nabble_smiley_wink:

As for electronics, we can use all the help we can get. And if Nick can mod a factory radio to have Bluetooth there may be a lot of us interested.

And now you are on the map. :nabble_smiley_good:

Welcome!

Ok, i kind of thought so. thanks for that info. I sold car parts for a long time and am used to saying fleetside and stepside.

So, you never sold FORD parts???? 🧐

Glad you can take a razzing. :nabble_anim_blbl:

We're all good about those 'French' cars.

Especially when we have to tow one home. 🤣

So, you never sold FORD parts???? 🧐

Glad you can take a razzing. :nabble_anim_blbl:

We're all good about those 'French' cars.

Especially when we have to tow one home. 🤣

You mean like this Jim? This is my wife's cousin's work van, he is a contractor and had just loaded the trailer at Northampton Lumber Company when a heater hose burst. I had to come fetch with Darth and my tow dolly, needless to say we took back roads as I didn't have the brakes on it working at that point.

IMG_1695.thumb.jpg.364d231441e0f4916b6884d114f83ab2.jpg

Pay no attention to the rude gestures from Ray and his crew, they are lovers of French vehicles.

You mean like this Jim? This is my wife's cousin's work van, he is a contractor and had just loaded the trailer at Northampton Lumber Company when a heater hose burst. I had to come fetch with Darth and my tow dolly, needless to say we took back roads as I didn't have the brakes on it working at that point.

Pay no attention to the rude gestures from Ray and his crew, they are lovers of French vehicles.

Looks like Ray has started down the same kaleidoscope paint scheme that Darth has! 🤣

Fords doing what they do best. In this one we had to move this 1960 Fleetside to get access to the 1965 Malibu. The Fleetside was guarding the door to the barn where the Malibu was stashed. Brought the Fleetside back that day to be restored.

DSCN2888.thumb.jpg.b068c5a0d7d4f92c9022e12e4213f95e.jpg

Took the Malibu to storage that day and went back to get it months later so it can be restored.

DSCN2883.thumb.jpg.b3aa2811de4d378fbaac46ee377f65de.jpg