Bullnose Forums

Hello from Mt. Vernon, MO.

MarkF100

I've been hitting this site for awhile and getting info that I've needed, over the last couple of years. Only now have I decided to join, as I have some questions.

I've owned a few Ford trucks over the last 35 years. I've owned a 68 Ranger with a radically built 390 (it would smoke a Chevy 454 SS.) A 1973 Explorer, burnt orange with white stripe and a mild build 302. 1985 F150 XLT Lariat. Black with a fuel injected 302. Just a beautiful truck. The truck I have now and, have had for the last 10 years, is a step side 1983 F100. It is currently black and has a 73 351 Cleveland 2v engine and a FMX. I've done a few things to it since I first bought it but, nothing major. I paid $1200 for it. Not a bad deal at all.

I'll be posting some questions in the forums, before long, in hope to getting some answers as well as getting to know the folks here.

83_Ford.thumb.jpg.448a2946353148101a48bdfe35180ff6.jpg

Welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Mt Vernon. Want to be on our map? You can see it at Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu.

That's a nice looking truck, and I'm sure you already know that you have an earlier grille - besides a Cleveland that didn't come in a truck except in Australia. But, the grille looks great! In fact, it is my favorite.

Anyway, welcome and I look forward to your questions.

Mt Vernon. Want to be on our map? You can see it at Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu.

That's a nice looking truck, and I'm sure you already know that you have an earlier grille - besides a Cleveland that didn't come in a truck except in Australia. But, the grille looks great! In fact, it is my favorite.

Hello Gary. Yup, the grille is from an 80-81. I thought some one would point that out, LOL.

Add me to the map.

Add me to the map.

You are on the map. And, you are close enough that normally I'd invite you to the show in Sept, but it is unlikely that it will be in-person this year. However, if so then we'll do it virtually and now that you are a member you can join. :nabble_smiley_good:

You are on the map. And, you are close enough that normally I'd invite you to the show in Sept, but it is unlikely that it will be in-person this year. However, if so then we'll do it virtually and now that you are a member you can join. :nabble_smiley_good:

I see you're in Skiatook. I use to skydive down that way at the airport. I'm often out of town as I work for the Union Pacific. However, if I am in town, it would be a pleasure to come on down that way for a truck show.

I see you're in Skiatook. I use to skydive down that way at the airport. I'm often out of town as I work for the Union Pacific. However, if I am in town, it would be a pleasure to come on down that way for a truck show.

And Gary worked for the railroad too.

Small world.

Another beautiful Flareside!

Welcome to the thickening FOG. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

I swear I'm beginning to be non-plussed by these things... :nabble_anim_confused::nabble_anim_confused:

Welcome!

Yes, stop in if you are down this way. Email me through the forum and I'll see it pretty quickly.

And Jim is right, I come from a railroad family. Father and brother were engineers on the Santa Fe, now BNSF. And I worked for them 18 months while in college as a brakeman.

Speaking of Jim, he's coined the term Flareside Owner's Group, aka FOG. Carl Sandburg said "The fog comes on little cat feet", but around here it is coming on lots of rubber tires. Quickly! Didn't know how many Flaresides there were out there until recently. Wow!