Bullnose Forums

New Illinois member, 1985 F250

Scraptor

Hey there fellas, about two weeks ago I purchased a 1985 Ford F250. I drove out to the middle of nowhere in Ohio to a diesel shop that used it as a service truck, test drove it and bought it two days later. I have been interested in a bullnose for a while, a few years ago in high school there was one I'd see driving around and the styling grew on me. It's a 6.9 idi diesel with 4x4, 155,000 miles and it's a two owner truck. It currently has a service bed with a side mounted air compressor on from the shop, but I may swap it to a standard bed because you can really feel the extra 1250 or so pounds when braking. This seems to be a great forum and source of information, I'll do my best to respect and follow the rules and guidelines, have a nice day guys :) .

20200616_133617.jpg.20ba39a6e4f7ce05c3327e6103595140.jpg

20200616_133603.jpg.2be788f33ea5aee6028ba828423d18ed.jpg

20200616_133744.jpg.da249adc8f683adc76b42ab7a37c2b1b.jpg

20200616_133654.jpg.44ff0f7c21f215c1b2f882bdf77a7ee6.jpg

20200616_133718.jpg.fa863b68707671de4da995f41bb716b4.jpg

Welcome! I like the truck. How 'bout telling us about it in a signature? That way we won't have to wonder and can, therefore, answer your questions accurately.

And, where's home? We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Members Map in the menu) and we could add you with your permission and a location.

Hey guys! As you've suggested I added a signature with some basic information about my truck. I am in Arlington Heights, Illinois if you would like to add me to the map! Also, once I get a bit more in my savings perhaps I'll have to try giving the calipers a little tlc - thanks for the suggestion (they probably could use it either way haha).

Hey guys! As you've suggested I added a signature with some basic information about my truck. I am in Arlington Heights, Illinois if you would like to add me to the map! Also, once I get a bit more in my savings perhaps I'll have to try giving the calipers a little tlc - thanks for the suggestion (they probably could use it either way haha).

Thanks for the warm welcomes! :) At some point in the next day or so I'll write up a post about a diy dash restoration I've been working on the past few days. Also, it definitely is not a garage queen but I do intend to put some care into it lol, good to see I'm not alone in my goals though.

Ok, you are on the map!

But, here's a test for you. Where do you go for pizza? There in Arlington Heights, or do you do as we did when we lived in Elgin and go to Elk Grove? :nabble_smiley_wink:

Seriously, now that we live in Okiehoma we order Lou's in, frozen. Not as good as getting it there, but better than what we get here. The only thing we don't get by ordering is the fabulous salad. :nabble_smiley_sad:

Ok, you are on the map!

But, here's a test for you. Where do you go for pizza? There in Arlington Heights, or do you do as we did when we lived in Elgin and go to Elk Grove? :nabble_smiley_wink:

Seriously, now that we live in Okiehoma we order Lou's in, frozen. Not as good as getting it there, but better than what we get here. The only thing we don't get by ordering is the fabulous salad. :nabble_smiley_sad:

Lou's is definitely one of my favorites, we have one less than five minutes away. I agree that it's not the same frozen, but it's definitely still better than most other frozen options. Bill's pub double layered pizza is my other go to for ordering out. I'll also occasionally get Giordano's or Gino's when I want something different. Illinois may not have much, but we certainly have some good comfort food! Hows Oklahoma treating you?

Lou's is definitely one of my favorites, we have one less than five minutes away. I agree that it's not the same frozen, but it's definitely still better than most other frozen options. Bill's pub double layered pizza is my other go to for ordering out. I'll also occasionally get Giordano's or Gino's when I want something different. Illinois may not have much, but we certainly have some good comfort food! Hows Oklahoma treating you?

Ok, if you like Lou's you are a KEEPER! Spent many happy hours in the old house in Elk Grove. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Oklahoma is treating us well. We both grew up here or near here, so when we retired while in IL, having lived a lot of places, we wanted to go "home". We live in a small town, Skiatook, but are 30 minutes from Tulsa, so have most things easily available to us.

Thanks for the warm welcomes! :) At some point in the next day or so I'll write up a post about a diy dash restoration I've been working on the past few days. Also, it definitely is not a garage queen but I do intend to put some care into it lol, good to see I'm not alone in my goals though.

Welcome to the forum.

Would like to see what you do on the dash (pad?) as I had one I started twice and did not turn out so good.

I will give it 1 more try with fleece blanket & fiber glass rosin.

I just have to be in the right mood to mess with the rosin ...... messy!

Dave ----