Bullnose Forums

Nothing Special's '71 Bronco

Nothing Special

I was in the hospital and back home now (out-patient procedure). The tube is gone :nabble_smiley_good: but they did have to place the stent, and the plan isn't to take it out for about 6-8 weeks :nabble_smiley_unhappy:. I had been told before more like 2 weeks. Right now I feel worse than I did yesterday (again better described as discomfort than pain). Hopefully that's due to the procedure and the anesthesia, both of which I should recover from quickly. But I was told to expect some discomfort from the presence of the stent. Which could make it a long 6-8 weeks.

But I've only been home for 3 hours, and I an improving. Not needing to rip tape off my back a couple times a day is a big improvement. And I'm one big step closer to the end of all of this. So that's all good.

Good to hear you are on the mend even if you are feeling not the best after this last round.

You know what they say ..... it could be worst :nabble_smiley_evil:

Hope you feel better soon

Dave ----

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in the hospital and back home now (out-patient procedure). The tube is gone :nabble_smiley_good: but they did have to place the stent, and the plan isn't to take it out for about 6-8 weeks :nabble_smiley_unhappy:. I had been told before more like 2 weeks. Right now I feel worse than I did yesterday (again better described as discomfort than pain). Hopefully that's due to the procedure and the anesthesia, both of which I should recover from quickly. But I was told to expect some discomfort from the presence of the stent. Which could make it a long 6-8 weeks.

But I've only been home for 3 hours, and I an improving. Not needing to rip tape off my back a couple times a day is a big improvement. And I'm one big step closer to the end of all of this. So that's all good.

Bob - Glad you got the tube out, but it is a bummer about the stent. Hopefully it won't be too much discomfort nor limit your actions very much. I'll keep praying that you get through this quickly.

Bob - Glad you got the tube out, but it is a bummer about the stent. Hopefully it won't be too much discomfort nor limit your actions very much. I'll keep praying that you get through this quickly.

Thank you both!

This afternoon and evening were rough. We drove up to my folks cabin. I wasn't supposed to drive after sedation so Lesley drove my truck for the first time (she thought it seemed awfully big in the road construction lane shifts! She's not going to drive the motorhome... ever). Anyway, now "pain" is the right word, at least at times. I'm just sitting now and feeling better. So hopefully a couple more days will get me bach to where I was yesterday... but without the tube!

Thank you both!

This afternoon and evening were rough. We drove up to my folks cabin. I wasn't supposed to drive after sedation so Lesley drove my truck for the first time (she thought it seemed awfully big in the road construction lane shifts! She's not going to drive the motorhome... ever). Anyway, now "pain" is the right word, at least at times. I'm just sitting now and feeling better. So hopefully a couple more days will get me bach to where I was yesterday... but without the tube!

Take it easy at the cabin and let her wait on you. :nabble_smiley_wink:

As for driving the truck, Lesley sounds like Janey. She's never driven Blue, but grew up driving trucks so could. But would never drive anything bigger.

Take it easy at the cabin and let her wait on you. :nabble_smiley_wink:

As for driving the truck, Lesley sounds like Janey. She's never driven Blue, but grew up driving trucks so could. But would never drive anything bigger.

Well, the rocker is done! Even with the medical delays it still went a little quicker (3 1/2 weeks) than the first one (1 month). Poking at it a little each night this week I got it cleaned up, a couple coats of spray paint and everything reattached. And four available evenings to spare before taking it to Grant Marais next week!

Here's the finished product. I ended up with different break lines between the black and blue paint on this side vs the passenger side. But so what, no one will ever see both sides at the same time anyway! (Did I mention that this wasn't a professional installation? :nabble_smiley_wink:)

DSC_1785.jpg.253bb907000d32645baf78deb597a420.jpg

DSC_1786.jpg.da66e4b661ad4151c1077767b20b49d3.jpg

Well, the rocker is done! Even with the medical delays it still went a little quicker (3 1/2 weeks) than the first one (1 month). Poking at it a little each night this week I got it cleaned up, a couple coats of spray paint and everything reattached. And four available evenings to spare before taking it to Grant Marais next week!

Here's the finished product. I ended up with different break lines between the black and blue paint on this side vs the passenger side. But so what, no one will ever see both sides at the same time anyway! (Did I mention that this wasn't a professional installation? :nabble_smiley_wink:)

It looks great! And STOUT! As for not being professional, weren't you striving for something better? Like "I made this!" If so, you win. :nabble_anim_claps:

It looks great! And STOUT! As for not being professional, weren't you striving for something better? Like "I made this!" If so, you win. :nabble_anim_claps:

Exactly! It looks good. No one's going to turn up their nose at it or anything. In fact most people do say the other side looks good, and this shouldn't be any different. It's not "polished", but I made it. And I like it!

Exactly! It looks good. No one's going to turn up their nose at it or anything. In fact most people do say the other side looks good, and this shouldn't be any different. It's not "polished", but I made it. And I like it!

Looks great to me. Fine work!

• 1 month later...

Looks great!

Not really a project update, but we did get an "opportunity" to use the Bronco harder than normal. With my pickup in the exhaust shop for a new catalytic converter (story in the "what have you done..." thread) we needed alternate transportation to the cabin for the weekend. We can't get the two of us, our dogs and stuff for a weekend in my wife's Jeep Renegade, and it can't tow my trailer, so the Bronco got the nod. With nice weather we even put the top down for the 80 mile drive.

It's nice having a "toy car" that I've got the confidence in to take a trip like this with about 2 hours notice and no time for any vehicle prep. All I did was check some of the fluids, put the top down and hook up the trailer.

We drove a little slow, but only because it made the drive more pleasant, not because the Bronco can't keep up with 70 mph freeway traffic. And as we got closer we got off on the county roads rather than staying on the highway for the same reason.

I was able to rearrange enough stuff in the garage at the cabin to fit it in there, so I didn't need to put the top up. So we had a nice drive into town for dinner on Saturday. It was a bit cool today, but still sunny, so we left the top down to drive home, but did roll up the front windows.

And speaking of windows, I forgot the side curtains (the "rear windows") at the cabin. We're in enough of a drought that it probably won't be a problem.

Oh, and to finish up (I hope) my health saga of the summer, last Monday they removed the kidney stent that was put in on June 11 (above). Having that in was a pain, literally and figuratively, the entire six+ weeks. But it's out now and hopefully all that's left is to get back in shape after being pretty sedentary the last 2 1/2 months or so. I go back in for a follow-up in about 3 months. Hopefully there won't be anything more needed after that.