Bullnose Forums

Fuel tank thoughts

Even with out a size 13 foot and the motor / trans (300 six / T18) he has just think what a 16 gallon tank does for us flare side guys!

I am happy I added the 19 gallon rear tank from my parts truck.

Dave ----

On a good note, us guys that have only a 16 gallon side tank can fill-up much quicker!:nabble_smiley_grin:

They outlawed the latches on the gas pump nozzles here years ago, so you have to stand there for the whole fill-up.

I don't use my truck that much, so having my full tank range being limited to only 240-250 miles is just fine for me. If I ever get the opportunity to take the truck on a trip, I'll be wanting to stop more often than that anyway.

Even with out a size 13 foot and the motor / trans (300 six / T18) he has just think what a 16 gallon tank does for us flare side guys!

Dave ----

On a good note, us guys that have only a 16 gallon side tank can fill-up much quicker!:nabble_smiley_grin:

They outlawed the latches on the gas pump nozzles here years ago, so you have to stand there for the whole fill-up.

I don't use my truck that much, so having my full tank range being limited to only 240-250 miles is just fine for me. If I ever get the opportunity to take the truck on a trip, I'll be wanting to stop more often than that anyway.

There's not a chance I can drive 57 gallons of gas out of Big Blue, even if I'm towing heavy. My bladder or that of a passenger will not sit still for it. But, being able to go into remote places and not have to carry Jerry cans will be nice.

That is a good thought. 57 gal of fuel should keep her running as long as the lead foot stays out of it.

Wish ford had a drop in motor like the LS more power and easy to work on. My little 302 gets 14mpg just don’t have enough to get out of its own way.

Just drop in a Ford Motorsports 331 c.i. Stroker and let it eat!

That is a good thought. 57 gal of fuel should keep her running as long as the lead foot stays out of it.

Wish ford had a drop in motor like the LS more power and easy to work on. My little 302 gets 14mpg just don’t have enough to get out of its own way.

Just drop in a Ford Motorsports 331 c.i. Stroker and let it eat!

That thought had crossed my mind. I also was looking for a built 351. My truck is 2wd I wanted to switch to 4x4 was kinda looking for a package deal with sas done.

Right now got so meany irons in the fire so it’s a slow process. One piece at a time when time allows it.

Dave ----

A little trick is to use the cap wedged under the handle to hold it on so you can wash the windshield.

Dave ----

Dave ----

A little trick is to use the cap wedged under the handle to hold it on so you can wash the windshield.

Dave ----

My Motorcraft cap is tethered.

I usually stuff my wallet in the handle.

For my sons 78 F150, we got the 35 gallon tank with the new strap kit for around $200.00 from LMC. That 351C, 4X4 Edelbroc 4bbl and C6 trans...……..and a size 13 lead foot, he needed a tank bigger then 19 gallons.

With everything in the kit it was a bolt in swap.

What did he do with the spare tire?

Even with out a size 13 foot and the motor / trans (300 six / T18) he has just think what a 16 gallon tank does for us flare side guys :nabble_smiley_cry:

Dave ----

What did he do with the spare tire?

It had a flat bed on it when he bought it. I built a roll bar on it and put the spare tire mounts on the down bars from the roll bar to the bed.