Bullnose Forums

Wind noise suppression

The wind noise driving my truck was terrible. I progressively replaced seals starting with the door seals. These were the most deteriorated so a good place to start. Drove it for about a week with no other changes and didn't notice a significant difference.

I then proceeded to change the window seals. Mine were dry, but they came out in one piece so they weren't really that bad. I thought this would result in dramatic improvement. It improved things, but not dramatically.

The final thing was to add the top of Door weatherstrip. There were no signs my 83 F150 ever had this but I added it anyway. I will say this made a dramatic improvement!

If your truck doesn't have these pieces it's a great addition in combination with all new seals elsewhere.

That's good to know! Big Blue came with those seals, but if I remember correctly only the passenger's door has it now. I have a new seal set to put on as the old ones are toast, so will make sure to add the extra one on top of the door. Thanks!

That's good to know! Big Blue came with those seals, but if I remember correctly only the passenger's door has it now. I have a new seal set to put on as the old ones are toast, so will make sure to add the extra one on top of the door. Thanks!

This is good to know as I do have wind noise and have yet to add the strips to my truck.

I know at 1 time there were measurements where the strips went could they be posted here so in 1 place if someone comes across this in a search.

Dave ----

This is good to know as I do have wind noise and have yet to add the strips to my truck.

I know at 1 time there were measurements where the strips went could they be posted here so in 1 place if someone comes across this in a search.

Dave ----

I think this what you need, Dave: http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Help-with-Top-Door-Seal-Weather-Stripping-tp12029p12047.html

My truck was also incredibly bothersome to ride in with the wind noise too. I replaced all those seals and it was much improved but for some reason still had wind noise coming from the passenger side. I'll address that again after I fix a host of other things.....lol!

My truck was also incredibly bothersome to ride in with the wind noise too. I replaced all those seals and it was much improved but for some reason still had wind noise coming from the passenger side. I'll address that again after I fix a host of other things.....lol!

I added the top of door seals, I took them from a parts 87 bronco. Improvement yes, but I think I need to work on my door alignment. Having glass packs on a 300 six, and Knobby Mud Terrains sort of doesn't help...okay it really sucks, but the truck makes my day everytime I drive it. I get thumbs up everwhere.

Thank you for that Gary!

I need to look into better wind seals or a louder stereo.

Would this be the ones referred to? The link to them over in the other post does not go anywhere at least for me. If they will help with wind noise and sealing from water getting in around the top weather stripping I need to definitely give them a try.

https://www.dennis-carpenter.com/en/trucks/weather-stripping/door-seals/e9tz-1520518-pr-top-of-door-seal

Would this be the ones referred to? The link to them over in the other post does not go anywhere at least for me. If they will help with wind noise and sealing from water getting in around the top weather stripping I need to definitely give them a try.

https://www.dennis-carpenter.com/en/trucks/weather-stripping/door-seals/e9tz-1520518-pr-top-of-door-seal

Gary, thanks for posting that.

I may hold off on installing them till I have the AC working.

Would be funny to install them for wind noise but have all the windows and vents open to get cool air in the cab :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

I do believe that is them.

Dave ----