Bullnose Forums

Intake to Carburetor choke air heat tube

Dorman sell other similar kits, with different fittings and even a kit with a shroud and hose clamp so you can adapt headers to cold climate if your vehicle originally had exhaust heated choke air.

I didn't look at applications, just wanted to show there were aftermarket solutions as close as the HELP! rack at your LAPS

Thank you, I'm going to try that kit out. It's simple enough, it's an old beater so it doesn't need to be pretty looking. As long as it works I'll be alright with it!

Welcome! http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/waving_orig.gif

Thanks for joining the forum.

Welcome to the forum

If any one looks up "heat tube" that same kit can be used on the 300 six but ........

What do you do if you run EFI exh. manifolds on your 300 motor that does not have the heat tube setup?

Buy the kit and copper tubing.

20180916_131830.jpg.18f53d455ed402bc45e6c83bbfbcc5f9.jpg

Take the copper tubing and wrap it around 1 of the manifold tubes a few times and hook up to carb like normal.

20180916_170816.jpg.eb637bd1879059bda87af27cb1854032.jpg

If you can fit the copper tubing around the exh manifold of a v8 I don't see why you cant do the same.

So far it has worked great when cold out but I find now that summer is here I need to make the choke a little more rich as the fast idle is not kicking on when I first start the motor.

Dave ----